Saturday, January 23

This and That...

After a worrying couple of days, our visitors from Brazil are up and away flying back home to Brazil...we didn't think they were going to be able to make their flight.
The dear little 8 yr old boy came down with tonsillitis the day before they were to leave...so sick with high temps, sore throat and not able to keep any meds or food down. What with all that ...the mixed feelings of excitment about going home and sad to be leaving us, the little fellow was so sick....but thankfully with the help of our emergency Dr's at the hospital, he came good just a few hours before the flight... we all shed a few tears!

With them went this Carnival Pinwheel quilt, being from Brazil, they loved the bright carnival look of the quilt, the two table toppers that I finished off the other week and a few other bits and pieces. If they had of been able to stay longer, I'm sure we would have had a new quilter among us...safe travelling...♥

EDIT...the above quilt is called..."It's Sew Me" by Donna Ragone..you can buy it here

Here's another little sneak peek at the quilt I'm playing on...I've added another narrow border and some pinwheels. Went shopping on Ebay for some more rose fabrics, can't wait for them to arrive....I tried just using what I had, but you know how it is...smile, you just never quite have the colours or enough variety. I'm really loving playing with this quilt...have no idea how it will turn out, but so far it's looking lovely...so far so good!

Here we are into another weekend already...have a good one and I hope you get to enjoy some stitching. Take care....♥




17 comments:

  1. I'm glad the little guy ended up feeling a bit better before the flight. I've flown when not feeling the best and it makes things worse....so I hope he was fine during the flight. You sure sent home a beautiful quilt with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the carnival quilt! What is the source of the pattern? If I ever make one, I will want to give credit where credit is due.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the young man was well enough to catch the plane home with his family.

    I love your WIP quilt. Delicious rose fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that poor little guy! hope he makes it home safe and sound. if I come to visit you can I leave with all those goodies too!! I just love the bright quilt!!
    Your rose quilt is looking great, love to watch you work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you had a good time with your visitors. I hate that the young boy got so sick, though. Hopefully, the flight home wasn't too bad for him.
    The pinwheel quilt is gorgeous. Such bright pretty colors.
    Love the one you're working on now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia - I read your blog religiously, although I don't comment very often. I LOVE reading about your doings. I had to say, though how much I LOVE that bright pinwheel quilt - it is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, So glad the little boy was feeling a bit better to travel home. The carnival quilt is so bright and cheery, I bet it brought comfort to him. I love your rose quilt, it's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, love the quilt in your header, gorgeous. So pleased your wee visitor became able to travel, how worrying for the family.
    hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. pleased your vistors where able to make their flight and the little fella is well.
    Wow the pinwheel Quilt is great. Was surprised you made it as you seem use softer colours like the quilt you are playing with.
    I love brights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwwwwwwwwww this quilt is very nice...
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt Julia! I'm so sorry about the little boy though. Thank goodness he was well enough to make it home.
    What a wonderful gift.
    Blessings Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia, that is a gorgeous quilt you are working on...can't wait to see it finished...wow! And the quilt you gifted is so pretty! I know they will treasure it...hope the little guy made it home ok. Fortunately, those little people bounce back quickly. By the way..the roses on your sidebar are beautiful! I may have to beg some rose growing tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful quilt progress....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia I love the quilts! If I come and visit you can I leave with a quilt too? LOL You're a sweetie! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect design and colors for Brazilians who love their carnival. Having just visited Rio, your quilt is a great complement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Julia, love your play with the quilt you are working on...Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia, I love the bright carnival quilt with the black background. And the soft flowery quilt will be another great "Julia creation".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥