Tuesday, January 12

Friends & Quilting Nine Patch..

What better way to spend a day than with friends...
A beautiful day outside, not too hot...perfect for a day of chatting and stitching with friends.
It was so nice to see and catch up with the girls again, first time since our Christmas break up lunch.

Our hostess Lurline made us all very welcome, here are some of us sitting around the table while we catch up a little before we get down to some serious stitching... I won't name all the girls, but that's Lurline on the right, then my visitors from Brazil, Janete and her son Fernando and then me next.

I took my nine patch swap quilt to work on , nearly finished... just the binding to sew back and a bit more quilting on the border..

I love this backing fabric, I bought it on sale... only wish now that I had bought more.
I matched up the back joining seam...perfect match...so easy to do on a big print!
Here's a link to a tutorial on joining and matching design pattern on the backing seam..
Time to think about dinner for DH now...something light for me!...
Until next time...take care...♥

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt & very nice backing fabric well done
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such happy faces at your get-together! You did a great job on that backing, too. (Make me recall days of sewing clothes when I'd match plaids!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt and love the backing. Looks like you had a great day. So nice to get together with your friends. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You all look like you had a fun time. I love your nine patch it is beautiful. I have to quilt mine one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love the nine patch! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you all had a lovely time chatting eating and sewing.
    Great backing and you cannot even see the join, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 9 patch is beautiful and I love the back. Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia .. you have too much frends.. This is very nice groups for company.....I love you quilt...
    Hugs
    Deni

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I forget that you & Lurline are in the same group, how wonderful - looks like a great time had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun day ! Love your backing fabric .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love 9 Patch quilts and yours is just fantastic!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow....what 'talent' all in one spot!!! I bet you all had some really good 'eats' too!!!
    Great nine patch Julia!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your nine patch and your luncheon looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the quilt and love the backing. Looks like you had a great day. So nice to get together with your friends.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥