Monday, December 7

More Gift Making...

Still finding I need to make a couple more little gifts ...... I knew I should have started my gift making earlier!


This Crinoline lady is my design and I think will be another calendar holder....I think a few hollyhocks and little violets along the garden path will finish this off beautifully....
I already had quite a few of these packets of seed beads, a ball of the #8 crochet thread and the purse frame, so I thought an elegant little coin purse would be a nice gift for someone....... a little fiddly to knit up but I think well worth the effort.

I like to line the purse in taffeta for a nice finish...here's the bead knitting instructions for you, if you'd like to make one...there's still time for this last minute gift idea!

A hello and wave to dear friends Caroline and Don....♥

Knitted Beaded Purse
1 Hank Beads or 70 grams of #11 seed beads
No. 16 Needles ....very fine needles
1 Ball No. 8 DMC Crochet Cotton to match beads

Both side of knitting looks the same...

First you need to transfer all the beads onto the crochet thread
Cast on 24 stitches
Knit 4 rows in Garter stitch
Knit 4 stitches (slide 1bead along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4sts
Repeat 5 rows (making 6 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 2 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 3 rows (making 4 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 3 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 3 rows (making 4 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 4 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 3 rows (making 4 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 5 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 3 rows (making 4 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 6 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 3 rows (making 4 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 7 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 3 rows (making 4 rows)
Knit 4 stitches (slide 8 beads along knit 2 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts
Repeat 31 rows (making 32 rows with 8 beads)

Reverse in opposite way on the other side decreasing by 1 bead every 4 rows until you get down to 1 bead.

Knit 4 stitches (slide 1bead along knit 4 sts) repeat to last 4 sts, knit the 4 sts.
Repeat 5 rows (making 6 rows).
Knit 4 rows in Garter stitch.
Cast off

Until next time...take care....♥

20 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, You amaze me with your projects. What would take me years to complete, you do so quickly. I love the newest calendar holder and oh, the beaded purses are so exquisite. Thank you for sharing the pretty photos. Wishing you a very good week dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia!! You are incredible!! What an amazing gift this purse is going to make! Just beautiful!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia

    How beautiful, I would not try and tackle this it looks great.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts you have been making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the bead knitting pattern, but it just like reading Chinese to me so I didn't even attempt to! I like the Crinoline lady, she is really pretty - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia! I love your little bag I have made several for all my granddaughters in white. I made them for their First Communion with the intention that when and if they marry they will use it on their wedding day. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Crinoline lady will look great in a calender holder.Oh Julia do you use anything to stop the calender from falling forward in the pocket?
    Love the purses but too fiddley for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely creations Julia..your stitchery is so elegant..and the little purse is going to be so cute...you saw the little purse i made on my blog too did.nt you??...love to make them...and it seems everybody likes them...you are making a great one.....lovely beads and color!!
    greetings ♥ Francien

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a couple of those tiny bead purses a few years ago. One of them I must have knitted four or five making one. I kept making mistakes and having to pull it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love sunbonnet sue, and your embroidery is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me wish I knew how to knit. Your embroidery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beaded bag is just incredible! I'm awestruck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julia, your Crinoline lady is so pretty - sometimes they can look tacky, but yours is so sweet and elegant! Love the beading...wow!!! You are such a talented lady!!!
    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lady is the belle of the ball. Beautiful.. Your bags are also lovely..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looked at the post - Copied down the pattern for the purse - then read the comments - I know a little chinese - I think I might give this a go in winter thanks for the pattern and the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The crinoline lady is as lovely as your last one. I can understand the pattern for the purse, do you really thrad all the beads on? I hope you show how it's put together, I might understand it enough to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I am now fully retired from paid work, I still can't get as much done as fast as you, Julia! I'd like to know your secret for time management, LOL! Love the crinoline lady as always...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Get put of here Julia.... you haven't seen my knitting... it would take me all of next year to knit that little purse...but it did look lovely...sigh...and the crinoline lady....delish...
    Rainbow smiles... Gloria

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥