Wednesday, December 16

Anyone for Coffee and Scones ....

Join me in a cup of coffee and pumpkin scones...

Remember a while back I posted about my old and new recipe books...the old one goes back to my high school days...looking so sad but loved. I bought the new updated metric recipe book but it's just not the same!
This morning I thought I would make some pumpkin scones...these are from the old book, so good as is hot out of the oven or with some jam and fresh cream.
So easy to make, so moist and one is not enough kind of scones....
Here's the recipe for your enjoyment..
♥♥♥
1.5 (2ozs) tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup cooked (cold ) mashed pumpkin
2 cups Self raising flour
♥♥♥
Cream butter and sugar, add egg.
Add pumpkin.
Add sifted flour and mix well.
Put tablespoon heaps on a greased tray
Bake in hot oven about 15 minutes..
Couldn't be any easier...enjoy...♥

17 comments:

  1. What would we do without our beloved "vintage" cookbooks? The scones look marvelous! Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have an old, beat-up cookbook, but it is the BEST. I don't know why I even bother to buy new ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old cookbooks. Thank you for sharing this recipe and the photo. What a wonderful treat this will be for our cool temps and I bet the scones smell wonderful baking. Have a nice day Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the receipie...it is something totally new for me...never tasted something like this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the recipe Julia! I love scones and anything pumpkin!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I do love scones but have never made any pumpkin scones. I'll definitely give your recipe a try. Thanks for sharing!

    By chance do you have any recipes/tricks to doctor up a box cake mix? I recently had cupcakes that were wonderful, but all I know is the person added a few things to a yellow cake mix.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recipe! I will definitely try that one.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll definitely give these a try, they look more cakey than traditional scones. Yours look so good. I loved reading about your wonderful day with the girlfriends too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the recipe! I still have my old cook book from Home Economics class in high school and you can't beat it. The scones look soooo good xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite cookbooks look like your old one. The scones sound oh so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can smell that just baked smell from here. Lovely. Best go bake me some.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yum... pumpkin scones are the best ever...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for a great recipe. I like scones and pumpkin. This sounds very easy to make - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, I use the same recipe. They are so lovely to eat straight out of the oven. My Mum gives one of these cookbooks to my kids as they leave home. Nothing like a cookbook that has smudges of cake recipes on the pages. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this recipe and the photo. What a wonderful treat this will be for our cool temps and I bet the scones smell wonderful baking. Have a nice day Julia.

    japanese kobe beef

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥