Tuesday, October 27

Tumblers and Dollies....making progress.

I really wanted to start something new but.....I decided to finish off the tumbler quilt first before I start the "Baskets for Betsy" quilt..
The tumbler quilt is making progress again...yesterday I added four new rows to the quilt and I have another three rows ready to go on....also I have tumblers cut all ready to piece together.
So it's full steam ahead...
The pressure is on to get so much done before Christmas..Secret Santa's, swaps posted out.
Did you know it's only 8 weeks to Christmas...scary!
Here's how the Dancing Dollies borders are going.
I've been working on the arms in the evening...one border done and half way across the second one
This morning at Patchwork, one of the girls had a pile of fabric to share with us.... someone had given her their unwanted fabrics...how lovely was that!
I picked up this bright happy piece of Seersucker fabric...just perfect for a table cloth for my outdoor garden table...I just need to hem the ends of the 2 metre piece....and being Seersucker it never needs ironing !

Until next time...take care...♥

20 comments:

  1. Julia your tumbler quilt is coming along nicely and I love the dancing dolls. What quilt will you be adding the dancing dolls too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are steaming ahead with the tumblers, what great progress. I can tell your irching to get to those baskets but you're being strong. The dollies are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It coming along very nicely well done
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving the dancing dollies..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the seersucker fabric for a festive tablecloth. Your quilts are very pretty. I hope you are enjoying your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always nice to say "hi" to you...pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your tumbler quilt.Great way to use up scraps.

    What a great way to get an out door table cloth and no iron is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tumblers are fun. One of my favorite blocks. But those little dolls! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may have to move a Tumbler Block quilt higher on my 'to do' list. It is so beautiful. I love the look of so many fabrics stitched into a bouquet of color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lOve the dancing dollys, have you got a tutorial or instructions on how you went about creating the dollys. I absolutely love it. I would be happy for you to email me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tumblers and the dollies are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That border is absoutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so better than I am, you actually finish your UFO's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dolly borders is coming along nicely and love that tumbler quilt! It is always great to work on a couple projects at the same time .... helps to keep boredom away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dancing dollies. I have taking out the book from my library just to have a closer look at the dollies. Your projects are coming along very nicely Julia - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julia. Always nice to arrive and see beautiful things. I really love the Beaded Baubles! Catching up just a tidbit here. I used to do beadwork as a young girl but nothing like that. I think though if someone would have told me I could have done it. Maybe now I could but that's besides the point because I'm really here to say I love the dancing dollies, looking forward to seeing the tumbler come together (it's an inspiring one - one to make) and umm, now that you mentioned Christmas being so close, well, a big heavy *sigh*...

    Warmly and with Love though, I can make it through, I know it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy seeing your works in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your tumbler quilt....it is just lovely!
    Great job!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love, love, love the dancing dollie border!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That tumbler quilt is so sweet, too! I just finished a MINI quilt with CW repro fabrics, and now I'm planning to start a handpieced thousand pyramids in the same fabrics collections... Just need some time to collect those fabrics, as I can't find these here.
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥