Tuesday, October 6

Baskets for Betsy....New Project






This may be my next quilt project...
You may remember me posting about this quilt..This is the quilt I fell in love with at one of our "Girlfriends Gathering" earlier this year.
I loved the way the little baskets are surrounded by the zig-zag of scrappy blocks . I had no idea what the pattern was called or who the designer was...but one day while checking out blogs there it was, sorry I can't remember whose blog it was on.....it called "Baskets For Betsy"

I did a google search, and there she was!

The designer is Carol Hopkins...she has lots of beautiful designs, many in the civil war / repro style...just beautiful!
Of course, what does a girl do when buying a pattern, why buy some fabric as well....may as well make the most of the postage cost!
I bought a couple of repro fabrics and some fat quarters of feedsacks for my Apple Core quilt...

P.S....Just a little reminder that my Celebration Giveaway closes tomorrow evening....good luck everyone!.....♥

18 comments:

  1. It's a lovely pattern Julia. I like everything baskets maybe because I am a basket weaver! You will make it nice as you always do - hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love baskets - I collect little porcelain baskets! This pattern is really pretty. Can't wait til you get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fun block to make. I made a quilt with that block once and gave it to a neighbor girl for graduation. You'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia--I also collect baskets--wicker ones mostly all sizes--but I also love quilts with baskets designs and your's will be fun to do and I can't wait to see some progress pictures--Isn't the internet great for searching and finding things??? Love those fabrics you got too!!! Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that very same pattern! I love it! I know that you will do a great job with it!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quilt as well!
    Who doesn't have enough scraps for a scrappy quilt? We could all probably make 10 each!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia is very mice... You are to much rapid sewing quilt...
    Hugs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great quilt. I love the fabrics you ordered, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like the start of something wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always like my 'What next' moments, they do not come often for me!! When they come, i relish them, LOL. Enjoy your moment:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We quilters know how to fill that parcel for posting, lol. I love the zig zag setting and I'm fond of any basket block. Great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pattern Julia. I love basket quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely fabric & a great pattern
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia, that is a great pattern and basket quilts are always so nice. The fabrics you ordered will be so nice in the quilt. Thanks for sharing your next quilt in line.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those patterns, especially the blue with the little teacups! So, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its a lovely pattern Julia, and the finished quilt looks so great with those colors...i never made a basket block...always thought it was very difficult to do..got to do the DP quilt first and my other ufo,s...
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That basket quilt is just so fantastic!! And of course one needs some new fabric! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥