Friday, September 25

Socks for DH..

Still working on DJ...

Last year I knitted myself a pair of socks, I love them... I had promised DH I would knit him a pair. So in between hand-quilting DJ here's DH's socks. I had forgotten how to turn the heel, but after a few chosen words to myself, a bit of a mess that needed unpicking...I managed to work it out !.
Not too much more to do on them...boring colour to work with, but he thinks they look great.
There's no way he would have worn anything trendy or bright like a hot pink, or lime!

I've changed the look of my blog..thought I would give it a fresh new clean look for spring..

Well the maid has slacked off again, time to get back into a bit of house cleaning, so she can have a free weekend....
We have had rain for 22 out of the last 23 days ....Three glorious days of sunshine promised.
Have a great weekend...♥

11 comments:

  1. Hi Julia - Enjoy the sunshine! DH's socks look great. I giggled when I read that DH won't wear pink or green! I have a photo of my dad when he was about 18. The way he was sitting, his socks showed and they were big, broad stripes and I teased him so - he never would tell me what color those socks were! I bet they were bright green! Enjoy your weekend dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I wish I live nearer to you. I knitted a sock, yes one sock when one of my colleague was worink here and now she's left and I don't know how to do the other one! Your DH will be a happy man to recieve them - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks look wonderful. I was given a ball of wool that looks like fairisle when knitted into sock and it still glares at me from the wool basket. I'm aiming to make those socks by next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sock looks great, we really spoil our DH's. I'll bet he shows them off and brags on them when you're done. Your DJ is so beautiful, if I had made it, I'd be making trips every hour just to look at it. I wish that I knew how to do embroidery, I'd want to do your Home Sweet Home, it is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you please get the rain to visit us? More dust expected tomorrow. I have sock wool, I have the pattern but I don't have the motivation yet. Everyone talks about the heel and it's putting me off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knitting is something I hope to learn someday. Your socks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...that socks looks very "manly"...i'm sure he will like it...eventhough it is not a pleasing girlish colour to work with

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to learn how to knit socks! I am not a very talented knitter, the only thing I can knit is VERY simple dish cloths.

    Seems weird to have you talking about spring when we are heading into fall! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia I bought the circular needle and some wool and a pattern at the craft show last April so that I could knit myself a pair of socks. I'm ashamed to say I've only knit ONE row!!!
    Hanging my head ....... ;o)
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It must be the season because I have been thinking about knitting all week! I hope to tackle a pair of socks this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job on the socks! Your husband will love them!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥