Thursday, September 10

Fairy Quilts...book cover.

I thought you might like to see these pretty fairy panels that Kerry from my Pelican Quilters group is working on for her three little grand daughters.
It's a bit hard to see here, you really need to see them close up to see the beautiful beading and embellishing Kerry is working on the panels....lots of sparkle and pretty, aren't the girls going to love these!
Perfect for little fairy princesses...I think Kerry said the girls are 18 months, 3 and 5 years old...

I quickly put together this little gift for a dear friend....I had forgotten how enjoyable it is to do SRE. I have covered this journal in a beautiful Burgundy brocade, and worked in a heart with trailing silk ribbon wisteria down one side and beaded feather stitch on the other..

I have a busy week ahead...my dear friend of 50+ years is visiting for a week, so there's lots of catching up to do..

Take care...until next time...♥

10 comments:

  1. Lovely SRE Julia. You do beautiful work and I have to tell you again that Dear Jane really inspired me. I will start that one of these days - hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely treasures you have shared Julia. Your SRE is beautiful. I wish you and your friend a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia is very nice... i am sorry i am sick.. i hope for two day i beter.....KIss and hugs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work on that book cover...and your friend's fairy quilts are adorable!!! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your visit with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls will adore those fairy quilts. The book cover is very lovely. You have a great time catching up with your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...what a pretty book cover...beautiful finishing.

    thank you for sharing the picture of fairy quilt...wow...awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous journal cover...she will love it!
    The flower fairies are one of my favorites...I even have a book about the poems that inspired them years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those quiltas are lovely!
    I wish I could do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those fairy Quilts are lovely!
    Your DJ Quilt is done! It is beautiful..thanks for explaining about the quilting as you go..I really would like to try that sometime..perhaps on a small project! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥