Sunday, August 9

Shadow Work Cushion..

I don't think I've posted this cushion before...

I made it for a DMC thread competition quite a while ago now...we had to design something with twin hearts. It didn't win any prizes, but I enjoyed making it.
The pink ribbon and bows are done in shadow work on very fine organza fabric, so that the thread shows through from the back...it is worked from the top, back stitching along and crossing over with the thread from top to bottom of the design at the back ...very soft and delicate..
The hearts are worked in feather stitch with bullion stitch roses, and bullion stitch lavender...

Still deciding what background to use for the Dresden plates...
We have family coming for lunch today...must go and prepare..

Have a lovely day /evening....♥

11 comments:

  1. That is very pretty, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is absolutely beautiful!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicate, pretty pillow - it is just perfect Julia. I hope you are enjoying Joe/family visit and I know you are glad to be back in your own place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI julia is very pretty....

    HUgs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty Julia ... it would be perfect for a little pageboy to carry with wedding rings on it ;o)???
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw Julia...its stunning!!!..cant understand that you did not win with this awesome cushion...its so beautiful done and it sure takes some skills to do such a delicate job...very pretty!!!...love it.
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, wow. Gosh I love that. You know, it looks so relaxing to do in the evening or when resting. Parts of it I mean. I imagine other aspects of this creation take real time and tenderness ~ meaning "exactness" and "fine workmanship."

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely lovely delicate heart pillow, Julia! I love the softness of it. And the pastels have captured my heart!

    I'm so glad you visited! I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while but I'm getting reorganized with my blogs (merging my two so I'll have more time to visit). You'll find many more quilting posts on my Vintage Home Blog now that I'm moving those over from Charms of Days! (The move in still in process but it's going well!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should have won a prize! I was going to ask what background you choose, but you answered that question!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After going through this artical i have decided to bookmark this site found this really interesting & thanks a lot for keeping the blog Lively with such interesting blogs.

    ___________________
    Melvin
    Online Marketing of your brand

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥