Friday, August 28

My Dear Jane...section #9

It's been so long since I last worked on poor Dear Jane!
Earlier today I got a little shove from a few blogging friends to get me going on it again....I think it's just what I needed to motivate me again!
Here's the last section of my DJ,....if you have been following my progress, you may remember I am doing my DJ in the Quilt-As-You- Go method....you can check out the progress here on my DJ blog
All the other sections have been pieced and hand-quilted, then joined together.....this has been a great way for me to do DJ....so much easier on my hands.....when the last section is added to the top, it will be all quilted and ready for the borders.
I am not going to do the triangles, so I have no idea as yet how I am going to do the borders but I think they will be scalloped and of course hand-quilted. I truly admire the girls that have reproduced their DJ as close to the original as possible, including the triangles.

Just three more blocks for the last section of the top, hopefully I'll manage to get them done this weekend.....♥

13 comments:

  1. Go Julia go with Dear Jane! You will get it done in no time I know you. I am a fan of Dear Jane so will be looking out for it - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a labor of love! The quilt squares look amazing! And the border proposed sounds gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is looking so wonderful, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you Julia, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never get tired of looking at the Dear Jane blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful creation ... the colors & design are wonderful. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  7. when you are that close to finishing i'm sure you will fly! it feels so good when you see light at the end of the tunnel,, so to speak! I am thinking of trying this quilt as you go way as i think it is not such a daunting task to get it finished . Yours looks so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jobe well done, it looks great I never got past making my Baby Jane.
    Hm maybe one day.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are on a roll...it is just beautiful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the home run, now and it is going to be beautiful!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, many greetings from Finland! This quilt you do is just amazing - I wish I had the patience to do such job! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥