Wednesday, August 12

Girlfriends Gathering...meeting of hearts.

Not a lot of quilty news today, but I can tell you about a great day we had yesterday at Lurline's...Not many of us could make it yesterday, all up there were eight of us.
Here's a great pic of one side of the table, from the left there's Carole working on the prize rosette's for next year's craft show, then Sandra, our guild book buyer, and Kris working on her Civil War Bridal Quilt.....Check out Lurline's blog later on, I'm sure she will have some great photos to show you...oh, and look at the lovely cakes that were on offer!

Here's Dear Gwen with a quilt she is working on...aren't the colours just gorgeous, not sure who this is for..
Carole, holding up a quilt that was made and given to her by her niece...I hope I got that right.
It's all done in rose flannels, the nicest flannels I have ever seen...just beautiful and soft, be great to snuggle under on a cold chilly night ...
It was great to meet up with the girls again after missing the last gathering while house sitting.
I just sat and worked on the rest of the Hexagon flowers of that much discussed quilt...just a couple more to do.
A big thank you to Lurline for a delicious lunch of soup, garlic bread...and the best yummy dessert to die for....I have such a terrible sweet tooth!

Well, this morning it's a visit with my embroidery girls for morning tea...
In friendship...take care...♥

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these photos of your group....lovely quilts you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI julia is very nice day for you, i love too much queilt i have only m fabric in my house...These days I try do quilt... i love too much it.. is very pretty...
    Hugs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a nice day out ... lovely quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you and Lurline have a great bunch of quilting friends...thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julia...that must have bin a fun time together....and what a lovely flanelquilt..Carole is very lucky...love Gwens quilt too..such warm colors...saw it on Lurline,s blog too...thanks for sharing...greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like such a fun morning Julia. I'm with you ... those are the prettiest rosy flannels!!
    Lunch sounds delish to :o)!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You Gals always look to have a great time together..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always looks like fun Julia. That warm flannel quilt looks nice for a cold evening. The lunch Lurline prepared sounds delicious. I know you enjoyed being back with your friends again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been in search of such interesting Articles, I am on a holiday its good to see that everyone are trying their best to keep up the Spirit by having such great articles posted.

    Cheers, Keep it up.


    ___________________
    Melvin
    We do your Marketing for best sales

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely group...I am sure that you all had a wonderful time together!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that looks like a good bit of fun and boy, those rose flannels are lovely. I agree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing ...
    these photos are good...

    ___________________
    Melvin
    Online Marketing of your brand

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥