Thursday, August 20

Dresden's Background..

Yesterday I had a lovely morning with my Wednesday embroidery ladies, again didn't get very much done, but I did make a start on knitting Dh a pair of socks (another post)...don't ask me why!.... as if I don't have enough to do already...oh well, I'm sure he'll love them!

Then in the afternoon I popped down to our fabric and craft shop and bought 5 metres of background fabric for my DP 's...
Thank you everyone, that left a comment on their preferred choice.....just because it seems to go with the present decor of the room, I have decided to go with the small floral rose print that I showed in an earlier post.
I also pulled out this lovely dark green rose strip fabric from my stash, thinking I may use it as sashing or the outside borders, perhaps fussy cut the centre circles for the plates ...not sure, still undecided. I think I should applique the plates on first and then see....

Must get to and do some work...have a lovely day....♥

18 comments:

  1. OOOO...interesting idea to cut the center circle for the plates from the border fabric. I think that may look VERY nice! Good idea to applique the plates on first, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background fabric you picked Julia, and I think that other fabric would be great fussy cut for the centres too!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric choice Julia, it's going to look fabulous,
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    The background fabric is perfect. The other fabric will be a great addition too!
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, Sounds like you had another lovely outing with your girlfriends. I love the fabrics for the DP. I like seeing the work as you go along. Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice! How are stitching down the dresden plates?
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  7. You answered my question in the last sentence! Can't wait to see it finished!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad we twisted your arm - looks beautiful!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks Lovely on that Background...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love dresden plate quilts
    yours is going to be beautiful on this background can't wait to see more
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely background choice. I also would like to know how you are stitching the plates down. Hand applique?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just L-O-V-E dresdan plates....I have a ruler and a great DVD on the matter...but...other things are calling me for now...good fabric choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Julia..love those fabrics, how you are going to make that gorgious quilt...it will be stunning...i am looking forward to see the progress..greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Julia, love your Dresden Plates and your choice of background fabric...fussy cutting the centre pieces will add a great dimension to your quilt...thank you for your thoughts with Jess...hugs lyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥