Sunday, August 2

Craft Show..

Yesterday DH and I took a train trip up to our annual Craft & Quilt show held this time every year..

It was a great day out, lovely sunny day...free workshops and demonstrations.
Saw lots of lovely stuff I could have bought....but I was a good girl and didn't buy any fabric or patterns.... I did buy a great pair of gardening secateurs, especially made for arthritic hands...they work on a ratchet system, like these....you gently squeeze the handle a few times to cut through the branches...so no pressure on the old hands...

The above quilt caught my eye...isn't it stunning, I wish could remember who the quilter was. It's a William Morris Sampler Quilt...beautifully appliqued and quilted ..


Another two lovely quilts..


and this Black and White quilt also caught my eye...that little bit of red, just finished it off and made it pop!
I think a nice quiet day at home today..maybe do a little machine piecing later in the day..
Have a great day / evening whatever your doing.....♥

4 comments:

  1. So nice of you to show us the quilts from the quilt show! I do really love the first one. The William Morris fabric Barbara Brackman has out is quite lovely!

    I have a quilt show coming up at end of September here locally. I can't wait!

    Thank you for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day...thanks for sharing pieces of it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a nice day - nice weather to be out , too!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice day out at the show. Those quilts are stunning. Thanks for sharing - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥