Sunday, August 16

Cover Makeover...

A makeover...no, not me, but I sure could use one!
Some bloggers are making covers for their sewing machines, my poor machine sits under a very ugly plastic cover and really could use a nice cover, but finding the time to make one is another thing...
After seeing every one's new covers, they reminded me of this toaster cover makeover I did some time ago...oh easily about 15 years ago!

This is the toaster cover before, as I bought it way back then...served us well, washed up nicely, got tired of the mushrooms and was just to good to throw out...
This is after...turned inside out with new applique..... gave it a new life. I did a similar sort of makeover with DIL's toaster cover who just happened to have the same toaster cover as me...
If you have an old cover, see if you can do the same and give it a new look ...

Cold and wet here today...hope your day is brighter and happy....♥

22 comments:

  1. HI Julia--I love the recycled toaster cover--how clever of you for doing that!!!! I am so far behind in my blogger comments--not to mention everything else--I hope things slow down some for me this next week--HA HA!!! Thanks for the comments you have left me--keep stitching--hugs, just, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever you are, it's just so 'breakfast sunny' now.
    Lizzie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Julia, so cheerful to see in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!! You are so smart and it is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea. I love the birds and sunflowers applique. You are so creative and talented Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The toaster cover is so pretty!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...that looks nice...great makeover

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright & beautiful cheerful "fix"! Love it! Years ago, I used to make toaster covers and sell them, along with other quilted items, at art fairs. My toaster covers were all little houses with doors and windows. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, what an excellent idea. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you saved money by recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover would be the perfect way for me to use some very old pre-quilted fabric I found recently. I was planning to give or throw it away, but you've given me a "green plan." Thanks for the inspiration, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great idea! I think I'll do one too, the toaster would look much better with a cover on when it's not in use :o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful make over. Love the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling fresh look to your cover Julia! Cute! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that is a great idea turning the cover inside out and re-doing it! I really like the new look too!
    Quite hot here today in Michigan! Summer finally came just in time for autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an excellent idea!
    keeping up....

    ___________________
    Melvin
    Online Marketing of your brand

    ReplyDelete
  17. Clever girl, Julia!! Now that is really recycling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your toaster cover very much, Julia. And I see beautiful quilts in the left, I like the country quilt, it is super!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥