Saturday, July 25

This and That...

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day..we are promised a glorious sunny day , with a week of cool but sunny days to look forward to.
At last the rain has eased off, after a dry start to winter, with water restrictions imposed on us...now after weeks of heavy rains our water dams are starting to look a lot more healthy now, with over 30 % capacity...heaps better than this time last year...
I won't be able to get much machine sewing done this coming week....as we will be over at DS#2 place for most of next week house sitting, while a monster of a shed and patios are being erected..DS will be at work, so we need to be there to have his house open so they can get access to power, etc..
Boys and their toys ...watch this space as this goes up!

Every man has to have a shed...just that my son has to have a BIG shed...12 metres x 8 mts. As you can see, it's going to take up that whole side of his back yard!

We have been waiting for a break in the weather to get this beauty put up...above is the beginning. We were there all day yesterday, so I took this quilt along to sew the hexagon flowers on.

I'm liking this quilt so much more now...just a few more hex flowers to make, and then I think perhaps a border...and I'll have a beautiful wall hanging for my back room where the quilt frame is set up...
Must get some work done around here today...have a lovely day / evening..
Take care...♥

24 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, This quilt is just so pretty. Is this Laurie's shed for his antique cars? How very nice to have a large space in the back yard to do this. I hope the weather will continue to be nice for the project. Take care and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia--the quilt is soo pretty!! and it looks like the shed will be "pretty" too??? My name is Diane and I am in the Sig block swap and I am getting to know all the rest of you who signed up so that when I get the blocks back I can truly say they are signed by my friends--so I signed on as a follower and I will be back to visit and you are welcome to visit my site and to get to know me--Have a great weekend--Hugs, just, Di--PS you will notice on my site that I already have alot of AU friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh....the quilt is looking TERRFIC!!!! You found just the right touch for bordering that center section in a way that enhances it but doesn't distract from the beauty of the center. GOOD job! Have fun house-sitting, too. My hubby would LOVE a shed that size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not a shed, that's a vacation home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, that quilt is fabulous! I love the colors & the design.

    That's some big shed! What's he going to use it for?

    TTFN~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. House Sitting is fun, it is like you are on a vacation!! I will look forward to seeing his "Man Cave" and your quilt is stunning, I am sure you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have fun house sitting watching the shed develop...........

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the hex flower quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia....quilt looks fabulous....i like that hexagon flowers.....

    Have a nice time at son's house

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy days ahead! What a huge shed! Hope great things are planned for it! And that quilt is looking better every time I see it. You have such a good eye!
    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is looking great and the bigger the shed, the better I say. Like a sewing room?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flower quilt and those little hex squares....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is coming along *beautifully*, Julia! It will be quite a stunner when you finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is just turning out so beautifully. I really love that!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beauty. All the colors and patterns are repeated and balanced perfectly. The hexagon flowers are a nice complement in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, your quilt is so pretty. I just love all the soft colors & the hexys are so great.
    I agree, every man needs a shed, or two.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is exquisite!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  18. Julia, Aren't men and their sheds hilarious. I gave in to having one in our yard as long as I had my sewing room-fair compromise I thought!!
    Your quilt is looking absolutely stunning (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the quilt, Julia. You incorporated a lot of different things to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia, your quilt is just looking better and better. You are doing a spectacular job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Julia it looks great. Love the hex flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That quilt is looking soooo great! I love the colours, they are perfect. Hope the erections go well!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The quilt is coming along very nicely Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The hexagon blocks are perfect .... they really compliment the quilt center!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥