Thursday, July 30

Still Sitting and Stitching...

Again a quick post to keep in touch..
Yes, I'm still sitting and stitching Dresden Plates....now baby ones too !
It's a long day when all I can do is sit and stitch, it's too much of a hassle to pack up my sewing machine and all the stuff I would need to take with me for a bit of machine piecing.
Two more big plates to go...then 16 baby ones....I started on a little one just to see how they would go...fiddly, but aren't they going to be the cutest little plates!

These are a few of the siggie blocks I pieced over the weekend for the swap...info is on my side bar...I need to make 70 of these little blocks to swap and receive 70 different ones back in return.

I really miss not catching up with my blogging friends, checking out what your all doing etc...please forgive me if I don't get around to visiting you and reply to your comments...by the time we get home after a long day, I'm too tired to do much at all..

Update...The shed is up and all finished, the smaller one of my DS's patio's is up and finished now also.... now it's just the carport and a long gabled roof patio that will take the longest to erect....all being well, weather wise etc, they should all be finished next week.

Take care and happy stitching....♥

16 comments:

  1. Don't worry about not being able to check our blogs. We all have those times when we can't keep up with that. (I will have another such time for a full week in August when I will be taking care of two of the grandkids.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia!
    Your dresden plates are gorgeous and I love the babies. I know what you mean about being time consuming. I am doing the same thing only appliquing hexegons to squares. They take forever BUT it will be worth it in the long run.
    Take care and happy stitching!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, just dropping by to see what you have been up to, and am drooling over your Dresden plates. I am itching to have a go at these; as you probably know, quilt and patchwork is not my No.1 interest in stitching craft, but I have been playing 'around the edges' for a year or so now, and the fans and Dresden plates are first on my list of to-do's when I get enough time!
    BTW I just love the picture at the top of your blog...now that is my favourite kind of fancy work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there is nothing like home sweet home! It's hard to be comfortable somewhere else. Glad the weather has been good and all is going smoothly at Laurie's. Love the Dresden plates; those babies are cute as can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt, being true to both design and fabric, is going to be a great tribute to pioneer women and their quilts. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the baby dresdens are sweet! I'm enjoying watching your progress,Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dresden plates are beautiful!! I would love to make one someday (sigh.)

    Great job on your siggy blocks! I can't wait to make the quilt. =)

    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Julia this is very pretty...
    Hugs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Dresden plates. They are so pretty!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia! Your dresens are just so lovely. What fabric line is that if you don't mind me asking? I love those smaller floral prints. Very beautiful.
    Glad you are part of the siggie swap! I am too and I am very excited about making this quilt! I have Jo Morton's book too and just love anything Jo.
    Well, happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh fiddly fiddly, we love you for all your cuteness you baby Dresden's you. I feel I must pat you and pat you and pat you and hold you and carry you around with me from room to room to admire you... yes, even half made. I can't imagine how I'm going to feel when we see a fully pieced baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the dresdan plates.........beautiful..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all have times when we cannot spend hours on the computer, no problem. Love the siggie blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous fabric Julia, those plates are adorable.
    Lizzie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your work I am from Argentina, and my daughter is called Julia is a beautiful name a fondness Vero

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Plates are looking Gorgeous Julia...Love the fabrics & those babies are just too cute...these are one of my favourite blocks...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥