Wednesday, July 29

Sit and Stitch...

Good morning...
A quick post before we head off again to house sit for DS while his shed and patios get erected.
Above are what I've been doing as I sit and stitch....11 Dresden Plates done... 5 more to go then I need to make the little tiny ones for in between the blocks.
Oh my gosh...it's a long day ...how come at home I can sit all day stitching and still not have enough hours in the day, but there it seems like a very long day!

This is where the shed is at, as of yesterday...I'm told it will take until Friday before it's finished, then there are 2 patios and a carport to go up!
Hey, how would this be for a lovely big creative studio...carpeted floor....a big design wall at the far end , room for a quilting frame, lots of shelves and cupboards for stash storage space, a big cutting table, sewing machines set up for different works in progress...one corner set up with a day bed, TV, a little sink with a tea and coffee making area....and bathroom facilities of course...Oh, heating and cooling systems as well.....We can only dream !...

Have a lovely day...our day is promised to warm up a little with a lovely sunny day ahead....♥

17 comments:

  1. So many creations going on everywheree...pretty dresdens. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful dresdens! Just lovely.
    That looks like it will be a nice barn when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had also thought how nice it would be to have a sewing cottage or writing cottage in a building that size! You could display your quilts, have all kinds of storage and plenty of rooms for your girl friends to visit for tea! Oh well, I know Laurie will enjoy all that room for his hobbies/projects. I'm very happy that he found a place large enough to add what he would like and I'm glad he is close by to you and DH. I love the colors in your Dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been having a little worry because you hadn't posted - whew! thank goodness all is okay! The Dresdens look wonderful - will try to chat this arv!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dresden plates are SO pretty. What a good idea for a studio, too. Perhaps your son won't mind giving it up to you for that purpose!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not a shed, it's a warehouse, lol. You weren't kidding when you said it was huge. Love your pretty dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Dresden Plates, the fabric is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You forgot the windows. Lots of big windows with natural light shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your plates Julia, those pretty rosy fabrics are right up my alley ;o)! I've threatened to take over my poor DH's shed lots of times, of course, I wouldn't ;o). Well ..... not unless it was carpeted - and maybe a kitchenette in there too would be nice for when I fancy a cuppa or a toasted sarnie. LOLOL.
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, the day bed really tops it off for me! I'm into those naps.

    Now, those Dresden Plates. Oh Julia you know I'm so excited. I love the idea of little ones to place in between the big ones. I never thought of that. I cannot wait to see what this is going to be like. I'm on the edge of my seat!!!

    Thanks for the update and the things we can dream of... A lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabrics for the dresden plates, they look lovely and I cannot wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia your fabric selection for the dresdans is just outstanding They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dresden plates make my heart sing - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your dresden plates are just gorgeous! I love how you're reworking a timeless favorite with modern fabrics!

    The shed is coming along...hope the rain keeps off till completion.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No harm in dreaming! Love you Dresden plates!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are the PRETTIEST Dresden Plates, Julia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Julia, just discovered your blog! Thought I'd just let you know I love your work, and your Dresden Plates are just gorgeous!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥