Friday, July 3

Girlfriends Day Out...

A lovely day was had yesterday with girlfriends...the wet and wild weather has eased off for a few days , a perfect time to catch up with girlfriends...
Lurline and I travelled about 90 kms each way up the Barb's lovely home for a little sewing get together.
Barb made us so welcome, lovely home cooked lunch of soup and bread rolls and a yummy vegetable quiche and salad.
Here's us catching a bit of sun outside on Barb's back patio..from the left.. That's me, Barb at the back, Anne, Diane, Pat at the back and Lurline.....Sue was taking the photo..

Here are the girls posing for my camera...too much shade here ..... that's Sue third from the right...

I just had to show you a couple of Barb's lovely quilts that were on display...this one all hand pieced and quilted ...

and this gorgeous Dresden Plate...I love this quilt...Barb is a longarm quilter and the quilting on this quilt is just gorgeous....
A bit of shopping today...must make a trip to Spotlight, our local fabric and craft shop...I have a $40 off voucher if I spend $100...so I think this might be a good time to buy some batting for my frame...
Have a lovely day....♥

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely day for you all! So good to see the happy faces of the girls again.

    I just love the embroidery in your banner. My fingers are just itching to get in to something like that once I get a couple of projects out of the way...

    Hope to see you soon!

    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that Dresden Plate, the colors look so warm.

    Nice picture of your group. That looks like lots of fun getting together to quilt and fellowship.

    Wish I lived close by.;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time with the girls. We are having wet and wide weather here now. Thanks sending it this way. We badly needed the rains. Have a good weekend Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely group, glad you all had such a lovely time. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Julia, What a lovely day for your group to get together. It's so nice to see you and Lurline together and meet some of your other friends.
    Hope you find just what you want with your voucher.
    Nalley might have to have hip replacement surgery and goes for tests next week. It's a holiday weekend here, but we plan to stay in where it's cool and quiet!
    Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what could be more fun, good food, good conversation with such good friends; it looks as if you had a delightful day! Her quilts are amazing1 glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia, it is warming to catch up with friends...particularly like the colouring of the Dresden Plate...I can see why you love the quilt so...warm regards lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. A get together like that is so good for the soul!
    Just fun and laughs...
    And by the sounds of it yummy food too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...that was nice to read about girls day out...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That surely looks like a very happy and fun day for all of you! Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great picture of all of you!
    fun to see and I love that dresden plate,
    great colors in it!
    oh yes I think you need to go spend that voucher ;)
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. your friendly days just seem like such fun............

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a lovely time. There is nothing better than being with girlfriends.
    The quilts are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely place to meet with your friends, and what a lovely group of friends. I'll bet it was a cheerful happy ride home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks as though you all had a wonderful day out! The Sisterhood is alive & well, in your group of friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥