Wednesday, July 8

Another Gathering...I know, I know!

I know, I know...it must seem like all us girls do is meet and have fun!
Above is Gwen holding up a gorgeous warm flannel split nine patch quilt she made for a surprise gift...so warm and cuddly!
Dear Gwen invited us in to her lovely warm home for a gathering...Gwen is Canadian and has been away visiting family, this is the first time we've had to catch up with her.
It was truly a lovely day, not all the girls could make it....Gwen is such a lovely hostess, nothings too much trouble for her, she loves to potter about and prepare lunch.
Lunch, did I mention lunch....it's s little joke between us...I'm so used to eating at a certain time, well 12 noon actually...I can't help it..... it's a habit, by then my tummy tells me I'm ready for lunch. Guess who is the first to say "Lunch Time"...so around that time the girls all look at the clock and wait for me to say something...quite funny!
I didn't tell you what we had for lunch....we had Minestrone soup, bread roll, little quiches and salad, and for dessert Gwen made yummy little individual Lemon Delicious Puddings...
Here are some of the girls sitting around the table..sorry I couldn't get all the girls in the picture.
Oh dear...look at all the wine glasses on the table...red wine, good for the heart....we did sew, truly we did!
Thank you Lurline for the lift up, it was great chatting to you and Robin on the way up and back.
Emails coming through this morning, say they all had a great day and got home safely.

Take care...in friendship..

14 comments:

  1. Oh another super fun day with friends!! good for you girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, Gwen's quilt is lovely and her lunch sounds so nice and cozy for the weather you are experiencing. I am always thrilled to hear about these get togethers. So glad you all got home safely and enjoyed your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckle! You party animals, you! The quilt is gorgeous. What fun you must have. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time! I love the quilt, it looks warm and cozy, something I'd love to wrap up in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go Julia. I can't think of anything nicer than spending time with friends, they keep us sane and never forget who we really are.
    Lucky you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say....go to LOTS of lunches and parties as I so enjoy seeing the photos you post when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be there to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such great days with friends, you're very lucky and the food you get to eat is a bit special too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great time! I love the flannel quilt, I am in the middle of making one for SFIL. I like the split nine patch, but can't make it out how she did it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You Girl's always have Fun...Great to see...Gwen's Quilt is Lovely...Lunch sounded Delish.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice that you have the girls to have good fellowship with.
    I love that flannel quilt! And they are so warm...great for winters here in Michigan:)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a wonderful day with friends!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely lunch indeed! Plus the bonus of wonderful friends. What a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for leaving me a message on my blog....now I see yours and wow you have some wonderful quilts in the works!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥