Wednesday, June 10

My Pretty Room...

No sewing to show as I'm still working on my DJ...taking up so much time this DJ. It can take a whole morning just to do one block. ...but it will get done!

Thought I would show you my spare back bedroom... this is where all my SRE and smaller creations end up...I call it My Pretty Back Room. Above is a cane unit that most of the things go on, that suitcase on the bottom shelf is all my DH had when he was sent out to Australia in the fifties as a child migrant.
Moving around to the next wall, some teddies and gollies that I made, the doll lying on her tummy holding her head up is called Rebeccah after my DGD#3, that blue quilt will go to my DGD#2 (Joe's Daughter) when she turns 21 in November, the little pieces of dark blue fabric in the quilt is from a dress I made her when she was 5, I'll also give her some gold jewellery that my Mum left me...I know she will treasure something from her great grandma...
My DGD is studying Forensic in uni, studying very hard, and she just treasures everything I give her!


On the other side of the room is another bed, this bed has the DJ bits and pieces plus the C&CC quilt pieces on it...Can you make out the Sunbonnet Sue quilt, a lovely favourite of mine, made a few years ago now.
I think one of these beds will have to go when my quilting frame arrives!

and here is Sarah,, an adorable teddy, made from German Mohair, all the little ones love to cuddle her...doesn't she look beautiful wearing her pearls!
I hope you enjoyed the tour...my Embroidery girlfriends are coming for morning tea, so better be off and get ready....♥

12 comments:

  1. Awww, golly, what a pretty room you have. You've done a nice job with the decor & LOVE the teddy. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour. You have some pretty quilts on those beds.;D I would cherish that suitcase...I haven't heard the story about your husbands youth. It sounds like maybe it was a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julia, What a lovely room; such pretty quilts and what a lovely idea to incorporate cloth from your GD's childhood dress. What a treasure for her. It's fun to see your dolls, teddy etc. and oh, your husband's suitcase. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I hope you all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really pretty back room Julia. Beautiful Sarah in floral dress. I am glad you show it off. I have a room like that too, but it is our guest room and when we have guests, everything have to be pack away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely a very pretty room. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a pretty room, thank you for the tour and sharing your treasures, love the quilts and teddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Julia, such a pretty room, thank you for the tour...love the Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt....hugs lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous room Julia, I love it. I know your Grand-daughter will adore her quilt, especially since you've stitched such a lovely memory into it :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your comment about Dear Jane taking so much time. I had to put mine aside for a while. I made blocks and blocks and had no finished quilts to show for it. I love all my blocks, I adore the process, but I need that feeling of "here's a finished quilt." I haven't touched my DJ for weeks, but now I'm ready to go back to it.
    Your blog is one of my favorites. I know I'll always see something elegant, or read an interesting story, or find something that just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty room Julia!!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I have always wanted a room that i could just fill with all my goodies, yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely room. I do love that Teddy. Your quilts are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥