Friday, May 1

Quilt & Online Shopping...

A girl can only go for so long without needing some fun and shopping therapy...I tried to resist , really I did!

One of the ladies at guild a couple of weeks ago was working on this gorgeous stitchery "Petticoats and Posies" by Brenda Ryan...one look at it and that was it, I loved it and just had to buy it. It's everything I love...crinoline ladies, old fashioned parasols, bustier, fans etc...all this and made up into a quilt with rose fabrics....so romantic!
I was so happy to see that some of the threads needed, I already had...gorgeous variegated threads by Needle Necessities....can't wait to start stitching it, but first I must do a bit more on my layer cake quilt!
On the design floor...more blocks done and auditioning position. Hopefully I can get a good days sewing done on it today...
Take care, and have a lovely weekend.....♥

12 comments:

  1. That book looks like it is made just for you!!! Enjoy and you have a great weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with you Julia. It is time for me to go shopping as well this weekend! The nine patch blocks are coming along very nicely too

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable stitchery kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you couldn't resist the stitchery! It's beautiful. You look like you will be busy for a few days. Your projects are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo a new project! One can never have enough projects in one's sewing room! 8-)
    Blocks looking good!
    Thanks for you compliment on my Gazebo stitchery! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt ... it looks great. What range is that?
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is wonderful and I love your blocks. I know when I go to my local quilt shop, I will walk out with something...that is the fun of it.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful pattern that is - I love Brenda Ryan embroideries - and those threads! Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. the quilt on the floor is looking good, I love nine patches. can't wait to see this one finished
    beautiful colors for the threads...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is coming along nicely... lovely and old-fashioned... you have such good taste Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd rather have new sewing supplies, fabric, etc. than shop for jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your quilt top is coming along nicely........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥