Tuesday, May 12

Off To The Show....

I'm so excited, like a little kid going out to play...I'm off to the craft show tomorrow!

I had a phone call last night.....that my Grandma's Garden Hexagon Quilt has won a prize, and to be there for the presentation Wednesday morning...
I decided in the end not to enter my Civil War Quilt...I was just not 100% happy with it for various reasons...so I'll have a rethink about it and perhaps think about entering it in next years show. This is My Grandma's Garden Quilt, do you remember that it nearly didn't make it in the show beacuse I measured it incorrectly and thought it didn't meet the show requirements.....♥

This show only comes around once a year, and if there's one show you must go to it's this one!
Vendors from over east and over seas bring new ideas, gadgets and stuff for us to see and buy.
There will be free workshops to take part in, workshops for quilting, beading, doll making, just about everything you can think of will be there....
I'll be looking at the quilting frames...hoping to find one that would suite me for what I want to do.

Then there's the big quilt show, that all the girls have submitted their quilts in, for judging and exhibition, just one day there won't be enough!
I am so looking forward to seeing the girls.......who and what the prize winning quilts are like, I'm told the workmanship and creative talent on the quilts are amazing.
I shall take photos if I'm allowed..

Did I mention that I am so excited!.......♥

25 comments:

  1. This is wonderful news Julia! I know you are so excited. The show sounds like so much fun; you will have to share as much as you can with all of us. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our turn in June, can't wait, it is the show to go to. Sadly the patchwork vendors are getting thinner on the ground as the other crafts take the stalls because of the high costs involved.
    Big congartulations on your pretty quilt winning a prize, how very exciting. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that your quilt won a prize. It is a GORGEOUS quilt and it certainly deserved to be a prize-winner. Have a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your grandma's quilt is beautiful. I'll look out for it when I'm at the show. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your prize you deserve it!! Since I cannot go to the show, I will have to live through your pictures. have a wonderful time and buy lots of goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled for you! Congratulatons! We'll be waiting to hear all the details. Have a great time.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...yes, I want to hear all the details! Just wondering how big the blocks are that have the hexagon flowers...they are so lovely...and I love the applique' in the borders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Julia, how exciting!!! Both for your winning quilt and the show itself. Have a great time and don't forget to take your plastic card with you hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Julia, really is exciting. Wish I was going to the show, I missed it here in Melbourne and my trip to Perth is 2 weeks too late. Never mind, there's always next year.
    Hugs, lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. *pop* (that's the champagne cork)

    Congratulations! We all knew it was a prize winner, back when you posted about it!
    But having it verified is exciting for you. Well done! You deserve it.

    Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Julia, that is wonderful news. You will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your prize. Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again - congratulations, Julia, well deserved!
    Big hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Surprise phone call, then to hear that you had won, that's enough to give you goose bumps. One look and you could tell it would be a winner Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big congratulations Julia! Big hugs for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that's fabulous news Julia!! Well done. Looking at the quilt though I'm really not surprised ... it's just stunning! Congratulations ..... and enjoy the show :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. a HUGE congrats on your award........have a wonderful time at the show and I hope you are able to take some pics of the quilts.......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I am so glad your grandmother's flower garden made it into the show! That's awesome.
    I hope you have lots of fun! Tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Julia, a well deserved win, have fun at the fair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well dang, I'm excited for you and I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your flower garden quilt looks so soft and springy! It is a very good quilt. Worthy of being in a quilt show for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A big congratulations Julia...well done!!! Absolutely stunning quilt...and your excitement shows through...Dzintra♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!
    What a wonderful quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful surprise! I am sure it will be a winner too, it is gorgeous. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥