Friday, May 29

More Dear Jane...

Another DJ block done...and another section ready for quilting.
I'm quilting my DJ in the Quilt-As-You-Go method, this is the fifth section that is getting quilted.
So far it is working out really well, it will be so much easier when the all the blocks are done.... no big quilt and bulk to handle.... also be easier on my arthritic hands!
You can see more on my Dear Jane blog here..


We have a three day weekend this coming weekend...to celebrate Foundation day on Monday..
Foundation Day, 1 June, marks a significant date in the history of Western Australia for on this day in 1829 the State’s first European settlers, men, women and children, completed their long sea journey from Britain to the Swan River Colony. They arrived on board the Parmelia under the command of Captain James Stirling and had their first view of mainland Western Australia. Although wintry conditions prevented them from stepping ashore on the mainland until some time later, Foundation Day has since been recognised on this date...you can read more of our history here...

Until next time..take care....♥

18 comments:

  1. Good idea to quilt it in sections like that. It is looking so good, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many sections on the DJ do you have to go? A good idea to quilt it in sections. Gives you a sense of accomplishment.
    And enjoy your holiday weekend. Here in the USA, we just had a three day weekend. Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of quilting as you go. I've never done it. Is it easy to do? The less bulk idea is appealing as I don't have a long arm.
    It's all looking really, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jane blocks are coming along very nicely. I don't know how to quilt as you go. You have to explain that to me one day? Thanks for the Dear Jane blog too. It is very informative and I will always go back to it for reference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea of "quilt as you go" have a wonderful 3 day weekend and thank you for some history, next to quilting, one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. What background fabric are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Dear Jane blocks. It's going to be such a lovely quilt and when you're done, you really are done because of the quilt as you go...very smart.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your DJ Blocks are looking Lovely..I am in favour for QAYG..such a time savour...Enjoy your long weekend...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your DJ blocks are coming on nicely. Looking good. I am not sure about the aprons but I loved the write up about them.
    Hugs Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...that looks lovely....I missed your blog....while i was on vacation

    ReplyDelete
  11. G'day, down under ~ My hubby's favorite country. We had our holiday last weekend ... enjoy yours.
    TTFN ~ Marydon
    PS Pop over for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the DJ blocks and quilting as you go is such a great idea!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Julia, that was an interesting idea for joining the Dear Jane blocks...........Happy Foundation Day....Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever idea .... this way makes the quilt more manageable and once you are near the end, your quilt will be done in a jiffy. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea to quilt your DJ in sections Julia! Looking good! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are sure on a roll, looking fantastic

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julia,

    This Quilt-as-you-go method is new to me. Is there some place on the web I can go to learn more about it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julia, I am also interested in learning more about the quilt as you go method! Thanks for the history of Foundation Day too! I went to your Dear Jane Blog..WOW what a project this has been..I am so impressed, what a special quilt it will be when finished! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥