Monday, May 4

Layer Cake Quilt...just one more row!

Just one more row on my Layer Cake quilt...
All the other rows are joined together....Just need to piece four more nine patch blocks then I'll think about the borders. I do have something in mind, I'll have a little audition on it later this week.
Tomorrow we are having another "Girlfriends Gathering"....can't wait!
I hope to pick up my Civil War Quilt tomorrow from dear friend Barb, who is a long arm quilter...can't wait to see what Barb has done on it!
It has to be ready to go in for judging this coming Saturday for our big QuiltWest quilt show happening next week....I'll just have enough time to add the binding, hanging sleeve and the label...
Ironing, who loves ironing...not me!
It has got away from me again...but I have a plan. I'm pretty good at multi tasking, so I plan that for every couple of fat quarters or seams that I iron, I will also iron a garment....Well, I can only try!

We are having such glorious weather, the weather man said in the high twenties all this week...though we really do need some rain!

Take care, until next time....♥

18 comments:

  1. Julia the Layer Cake quilt is coming along very nicely. What fabric will you use for the border? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layer cake quilt is turning out SO nice! Please show a photo of the quilt you will get back from the long-armer so we can see the kind of quilting she did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia your quilt is coming along very nice and thank you for joining my swap.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, Oh your quilt is looking great. I always wish I could join you for your Tuesday's Girl's Day! Best wishes with your Civil War quilt. As for ironing, I try not to do much!!! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use more than one layer cake? I have a couple layer cakes and no ideas for them but they are from two different lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks great!!! Love it!
    Happy sewing :o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  7. The layer cake looks nice. I can't wait to see the Civil War quilt.
    I hope you get the much needed rain. We had several good showers last week. My husband is anxious now to start planting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is looking great - nuh, no ironing unless it is on fabic - see you in the morning!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is coming along nicely! Very beautiful!
    I don't like ironing either!
    Enjoy your nice weather. We are having some sunny weather too for a few days. So nice as we have had plenty of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your quilt! I try to coax myself to iron clothing while adding in some quilting fabric as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Quilt is coming along nicely Julia...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. your layer cake quilt is going to be stunning...i adore the colors you chose! all of your creations are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love your quilt. I am imagining the fabric you'll pull for the border. I'll test myself to see if I'm right. :)

    I'm wrinkly and whenever I think I can get away with it. Mother would not be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Layer cake quilts are so fun. I always feel charm packs and layer cakes are a good deal because you get so many different fabrics to make a quilt. This one is turning out great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your layer cake quilt is beautiful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is looking good! I hope you take lots of photos at the Quilt Show! Ironing..I don't do much anymore..but of course all you quilters have your ironing boards out all the time:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that quilt, those fabrics are beautiful! Can't wait to see your other one when you get it back from the longarmer!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥