Tuesday, May 26

I've been asked by Natima to share my little piece of space... where I spend many hours being creative.
This is looking into my studio / sewing room from the door and working my way around...which was really a spare bedroom...not as big a room as I would like My Dh made me this pine dresser the boxes on the two top shelves are filled with CQ fabrics, a box for each colour, a small TV.
Underneath... in the dresser behind the doors below, is teddy bear mohair fur from my teddy making days, dress patterns from my dressmaking days, bits and pieces of all sorts of stuff, etc....Dh also made me that cotton reel rack. Here, I would normally have my Pfaff Grand Quilter, but I have it ready to go on my new quilting frame when it arrives in a couple of weeks time...so now I have my Husqvarna sewing machine here which is great for sane quilting as it has a wide throat and a great hands free needle and foot lift, above on the curtain pelmet is a swag of hearts that were swaps in the Chain of Hearts Group...I have lots more but have not made them into anything yet.
Moving around to the next wall is my cutting table with my trusty old Janome 655R machine that I use from time to time.....Above the table is a shelf with bits of fabric, phone and anything else that needs to be out of the way while I'm working here.
Under the cutting table are more stackable storage boxes, I can never have enough storage...
Next to the table is a small bookcase with my files, filled with patterns and ideas to do!...that fold away table is the one I take to the family room when I'm stitching out there, it's a mess at the moment with all the threads and ribbons I was using at the time...
Behind the door there is a built in cupboard full of p/work fabrics etc..


Around from that door is a chest of draws full of silk ribbons, threads, fabric paints, dyes, laces, buttons and everything else.
On top is my bead stash, could really do with a bit more room for them, the little green cabinet with the teddies painted on them I did in my folk art painting days...I soon gave that up as it really was not my thing! Next is a stack of drawers filled with laces, ribbons threads and so on...This is my little sewing corner in the family room..that trunk is full of craft books...I would hate to add up the cost of all those books!
My Dh sectioned off the trunk so that I could have all the different books in their right place and order, years and years of Australian Craft and Decorating, Quilting and Embroidery and Cross Stitch magazines.
The dresser behind the chair is full of teddies that I made during my teddy phase!

My dream would be to have about twice my sewing space again and then I could really spread out and be more organized..

Hope you enjoyed seeing where I sew....♥

30 comments:

  1. Hello Julia, What treasures your DH has made for you to store all your supplies in. How nice to have everything at your fingertips. I also love the chest with all your magazines and craft books. I enjoyed seeing where you sew - I can picture where you create such beautiful heirlooms now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, love all the different storage spaces you have. Great place to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an efficient sewing space and how nice to have such a talented hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we ever have enough sewing space no matter how big it is. We would just keep filling it up. Love seeing what you have in your room. Seems pretty well organized. Must be a big bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always neat to see quilters/crafters sewing spaces. I know I appreciate mine too and it is a spare bedroom but pretty well organized. I agree that there is never enough space especially for fabric! I am a fabric junky!!
    Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the sewing space of other bloggers. I use an extra bedroom that the grandkids use when they visit, so I have to take the room apart and move things out of there when they come....so it's not such a great set-up, but...it could be worse if I had to lug the machine out to the kitchen table every time I wanted to use it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sewing room tag is fun, I think you have a talented Husband. No matter how big the room, we can always fill it with our treasures.
    Thanks for the tour, it's great to see where people create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your creative space Julia, you look really organised, I wish mine was as neat, lol.
    Big hugs, lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sewing room looks grand and full of life! You are so organized and know where everything is. Hopefully by next week I will have a sewing area up and running in my Mother in Laws living room! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dream of having a place like that to work. Oh....the projects I could start......

    I'm happy for you though, you are very blessed to have such a nice sewing space. You are very well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julia, thanks for sharing your work space with me. I have posted a short note on my blog to let everyone know to come and see yours it for themselves. You are so organised with your filing and stitching areas. Your DH is a sweet heart to do all that for you. Please pass on my comment to him?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julia, how lucky for you to have an ample space for all your sewing materials and gadgets in a room. You could have more spacious if you have builtin wardrobe. Hope to see your quilting frame soon......

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so organised! Love your space and how you've done it. Not sure where Jack is going to fit in!

    Hugs - Shari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the tour! The pieces your husband built are gorgeous, perhaps the best part of the space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Julia, that was such fun to see your sewing room!! I LOVE the dresser your DH made ... and the thread holder on the wall. You two are quite clearly a very clever couple. Like you I have a spare bedroom as a sewing room, with not an awful lot of space ... I dream of a big sewing studio [[sigh]] ;o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an orderly space! I need to find someway to emulate your bins I think... for the scraps. and the bits of sparkly things. And somewhere for the itsy beads to live LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sewing room! DH really makes beautiful furniture! Love all the teddies!

    Your Dear Jane blocks are looking wonderful...I love that you've used white as the design fabric...the background fabrics are too beautiful-just my favorite browns.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm jealous. I have two corners in one room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful use of space! I just love seeing where everyone else sews!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julia, what a real treat to see how your work, what your environment is like and to admire your works. I love Chain of Hearts. So neat the way you have them displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the lovely tour..everything looks wonderful! And I think I'm going to borrow your idea to also have a sewing area in the family room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Julia,

    Your workspace is to die for! I had come to your blog at Natima's recommendation.

    I have enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your sewing room and how organized you are. Looks like you have great machines!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing your sewing space, must do the same it is great to see how very similar we all are.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely work space.. thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your space all looks so neat! sigh...
    I have the same Janome as yours. It is such a trusty machine.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a nice sewing place, you're so organized Lady. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Rengin

    ReplyDelete
  28. Julia, que maravilloso que tengas un lugar especial para tus manualidades. Es mi sueño!!!
    Felicitaciones

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have a great sewing space! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow...your sewing studio looks fabulous.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥