Saturday, May 16

Back To The Show...shopping!

I just had to go back to the show to have a look around...there was so much I didn't get to see.
Beautiful quilts to look at, stalls to check out, and a little list of things I wanted to buy....

I picked out some lovely purple repros for our nine patch swap. Lurline wanted a particular one, not sure which one, so I bought three...as you do!
Some binding clips like Christine had on her quilt that she was finishing off, some new blades and a little pair of scissors on a clip with retractable cord.....saves me looking for my scissors all the time...
The quilts are amazing, I didn't take my camera, but Lurline has some lovely photos of them on her blog....All beautiful and amazing, but one that I really was in awe of, was the one that took out "Best of Show"done by a our QuiltWest Conveyor, Sheila Pye.....Sheila worked her beautiful quilting, all on her trusty old domestic sewing machine....Congratulations Sheila, just beautiful!!

"Gift of Roses from a Dear Friend"
Aren't these just beautiful...if only you could smell them...
Life gets so busy......Make sure you take the time to "stop and smell the roses"...

We have to vote on daylight saving today, for the fourth time!...I'm not in favour of it, so you know what my vote will be..

Must go and get started.... a busy day ahead....♥

7 comments:

  1. Nice purchases! I love the binding clips. I use them all the time too. Makes everything so much easier!
    You sound like you are having a great time!

    Love the purple repros too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia, So glad you made it back to the show. I love the purple fabrics. And those scissors are a grand idea! What lovely, big roses you received from your friend. What a great week for you - it could not happen to a nicer person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am goibng to use purple too!! I love what you got, and have never used binding clips, I need to try them, i am getting tied of being prick by pins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great time and what finds!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, lucky me - thanks for the two purples! Don't ever change your Profile pic - it is beautiful! If you do change it ... I won't be your friend anymore!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your wins at the Quilt Show. I am so proud of you, your work is exquisite. I hope you all thought of me at the Quilt Show while you were buying up big. I had a patchwork fix today I went to the local shop and purchased some aboriginal fabric and also the latest DUQ Mag and I can check up on the other two. Hugs from Jan in Alice NT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh!!!! I just love that purple fabric!!! I'm collecting fabrics in these purple shades, can you tell me what fabric line it is? I just found the ones in the Sturbridge village line. They are soooo beautiful! But there are only three different ones in the bundle... I ordered two fatq bundles of the line, and I have no idea what to make of it yet. It is a beautiful fabric line, and I hope to collect some light shirtings that will fit together with them, and then make a antique quilt. I like the civil war quilts, and the DJ, so I just have to figure out which one to do:o)
    I love the quilt you are working on! it looks so great!
    Look forward to see what you did with the border issue :o)
    have fun sewing:o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥