Sunday, April 26

Girl Can't Help It....playing!


I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, sewing or just spending some time with family.
It's a three day holiday weekend here...... Being retired, everyday is pretty much a holiday for us, well almost!
I know I shouldn't, but....I just had to have a play with these gorgeous Moda fabrics...
I bought this pattern on Ebay especially for these fabrics, but I wasn't happy with the cutting instructions, so I'm doing it my way.....their way, the half sq triangles would have been cut on the bias, then nearly everything would have been on the bias, which I would not have liked.
Being a layer cake with 10" squares, I don't have a lot of fabric to play with, so I'll incorporate some of my border bird fabric to help tie it all together.
Perhaps one day, I'll make this quilt again exactly like that pattern with yardage rather than squares, that will give me more fabric to play with.
The light background fabric is a lovely cream fern fusion fabric
I'm just doing a simple scrappy nine patch with a square in a square blocks....I think the fabric will be the main focus.
Nearly time to think about dinner.
Until next time....♥

24 comments:

  1. What beautiful fabrics Julia. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this....I'm sure it's going to be very nice. I don't like to work with too much bias, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabrics...I love quilts that highlight the fabric! The medalliion quilt is looking great! Love the hexagon flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    This is going to be a beautiful quilt. I don't like bias either. If I can work a pattern a different way, I will. Can't wait to see it finished.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely fabrics Julia, nine patch is my all time favorite. I like that scrappy looks - Natima

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fabric is so pretty...you are going to have a wonderful quilt!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fabrics Julia. The quilt looks wonderful. Enjoy your playing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabrics Julia! Looking good so far! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy! Some more beautiful Moda fabrics. I like what you are working on. You do know how to get things going!
    Enjoy your weekend with those you love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what yummy fabrics and I love what you are doing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely fabrics the quilt will be pretty when your finished.........

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy! I love that fabric and you know, your border bird fabric is really really really super yummy. Whew. Mouthwatering! *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I forgot to say that I love the pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Julia, love the scrappy nine patch colours....Moda produce some truly beautiful fabrics....Regards Lyn....it is chilly here in Vic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely fabrics Julia...Moda has the most gorgeous colours...Dzintra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good fabric choices. I have a couple of those in my stash right now. I did not buy the whole line but do love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is looking very exciting. I am beginning a new project... it is all happening in my head at present! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking good, I would also love to finish something but must finish a couple things first.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that fabric - i used the same line to make a table runner for my mum and the colours work so beautifully together - cant wait to see the finished quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very earthy colors..my favorites at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the fabrics you have choosen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julia, this is so lovely! Makes me want to run off and start one right now.... yep lots of self control... lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Julia, I LOVE the fabrics you got.Could you please tell me what company the big piece (border fabric)is from? I think I just have to get some ..LOL
    I love your blog..keep up the good work!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥