Monday, March 2

Pincushions..

No new sewing done this weekend...I have been quilting the Wonky Star quilt..

I don't remember if I have posted these pincushions before, but I thought they would be nice to show you again..
Dh made me the little stools, I padded and covered them in a Burgundy velvet, then embellished them in silk ribbon embroidery, ribbon pansies and beaded the fringe .
The one above is full of vintage brooches and hat pins that I bought from garage sales and markets.
The blue pin is really a fancy button that I beaded around...I thought it looked nice enough to add to the collection.



One was not enough, so of course I had to make two more just to see what they would look like embellished differently...

Hope to catch up with Lurline today...
Have a lovely day...♥

17 comments:

  1. How very fancy. Such beautiful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to have caught up and had girlie time, Julia - love your pincushions, love your wonky stars, looking forward to your Etsy shop!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great together...I have a thing for pin cushions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful pin cussion you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is the one in front but they are all beautiful Your Husband is a clever thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful! Your talent is neverending!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so gorgeous, like everything you do Julia!!
    Thanks for stopping by.
    hugs
    Robyn xx

    An etsy shop? Wooohoo!!
    You go girl!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi julia, i really love your pincusions and all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely stunning! I'm still drying the drool off of my keyboard.

    Cathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes they are stunning .
    clares craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fancy pincushions! Lovely!
    Love the Wonky Stars quilt! Great boarder!
    Great Hexagon bag Julia! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pincishions , beautiful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowee! Those are pieces of beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pincushions are gorgeous! I can't decide which one I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful Julia. You can make anything gorgeous!
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric,Fragrance and Findngs
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥