Tuesday, March 10

Girlfriends Gathering...what fun!!

What a fun day we had today...
I am so lucky to be blessed with such lovely friends.
Three girls couldn't come today, but eleven of us had the best time!
The girls were so busy stitching and talking, I couldn't get them to look this way all at the same time for the photo.
Pop over to Lurline's ...I think she will have an interesting post with some photos to share..
Oh my goodness, you should have seen the cakes. I think Lurline also took a snap of the "fat free" cakes....

Lynnie brought her antique quilt for show and tell. It's beautiful, a real scrappy quilt, looks like it was made in the '30's. The fine hand quilting on it is amazing...I would love to own a quilt like this.

Here's Gwen, holding up a comfort knitted blanket that a friend of hers made, isn't it just so striking with the black joining trim..


Gotcha Robin!
This was so funny, dear Robin thought Kris's sewing box was the rubbish box!
Robin, was being so good, keeping everything neat and clean, putting her threads and rubbish in Kris's box...
To top off a great day......DH had a lovely day out with DD Linda
He treated her to Chinese for lunch. Being our only daughter, Linda is daddy's girl, she is so much like him....they get on really well together!
Before they left.....I had been saying how I didn't have a nice glass water jug for when the ladies come, what a lovely surprise I got.....they had been shopping!
DH brought me home a rice cooker and a lovely boxed jug and glasses set...
A great day, that's it for today, now time to relax....♥

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely afternoon for you and your friends and for your daughter and husband. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice time to gather with friends and enjoy all the goodies you all made. The pictures are really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice group with talented Ladies. Thanks for sharing...
    Love,
    Rengin, in Istanbul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, looks like you had a great time - beautiful quilts!!! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia....I enjoyed reading about your quilting party and wished I could join in!!! You all look like a lovely group!
    I have a box just like Kris' and one in pale pink, too!

    I just added your blog to my favorites and I hope you will come and visit me, too!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you ladies had a wonderful time! Love those quilts!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julia,
    I'm so glad you had such a lovely time with your friends...moments like that are precious.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi julia, thank you for the day and as always the wonderful hospitality you are always ready to share .love lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just been catching up on all your lovely posts! Looks like you had a fun day with the "Girls"!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun day! How fun to have that many friends with similar interests!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing quite like a quilting party is there? I'm in a group of 9 and we love our little group. We have a quilting getaway weekend next month and can't wait! Little sleep but lots of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hola Julia, tienes un regalito en mi blog
    besos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥