Thursday, February 19

Vintage Knitting and Crochet Book...

Looking for something yesterday, I came across this old knitting and crochet book that I have had for, goodness knows how long!
It must date back to well before 1966, when Australia went from imperial to metric...
You may be able to see the two shillings price on it....twenty cents in today currency!

It's a lovely old book with very fine work....the old favourite movie stars modelling the jumpers, gloves and bags..

I wonder if you can guess who this movie star was, and perhaps name a movie she was in?

Busy day today...bills to pay and maybe a bit of sewing time this afternoon..
Until next time ..take care....♥

10 comments:

  1. I often see books like this in antique stores and even though I cannot crochet, I enjoy the old pictures. I do not know this actress. Hope you are enjoying the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, is that Glynnis Johns from Mary Poppins? Admittedly I had to google "Mary Poppins" to get the correct name but I think I recognised her face.
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love those old books. Fancy still having the book its great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's Glynis Johns, isn't it...she of the husky voice? I reckon your book dates from the 50s.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glynis John's she was in 'Miranda' where she played a mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I have no clue about the actress, but I see plenty of other do. I have a bunch of these style books which I inherited from my Grandmother. They are still old favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely old book/mag - count me out! - I'm not old enough to recognize celebrities of that era - though I do remember James Dean!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...I love seeing and looking at
    these old magazines...this one is
    classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very cool... I remember an old knitting book I was reading at my grandma' home, when I was a schoolgirl. I was trying to knit cloth to my dolls, and I was quite successful in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love these old craft and sewing books! Glynis Johns! (I only know because I read Jennifer's comments! I recognized the familiar face but couldn't place her at first.) It's so much fun to look back at these collector's items and the patterns are still great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥