Tuesday, February 17

Slowly but Surely ...this will get done!



Still working on my DJ cross-stitch...
Slowly but surely this will get done!
It takes so much concentration...you only need to be distracted for a second and you lose your stitch count and where your up to on the graph.
I'm doing a little in the evening in front of the TV...Dh will say, "quick look at this"...a quick look and I've lost my place!
Well, I've just reached the left side corner now....must keep going on it...."this will not be another UFO !"

Off to guild today with Lurline,.... Shari, Lynnie , Jan and all the other girlfriends will be there.

We are going to prepare Hexagons of Hope for ladies who lost everything in the bushfires...see button on my side bar, that will explain it all if you are interested to join in...
Must go and get ready...have a lovely day...♥

13 comments:

  1. You're doing such a beautiful job! I give you a lot of credit, I never could do counted cross stitch. Be sure to show when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty cross stitch Julia. I know that takes lots of concentration as I used to to it! Have fun today with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Julia. I won't take it on even in piecing, so you have ny complete admiration for doing it in cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't even know there was a dj crossstitch...i'm sure it's hard, but not as hard as the actual quilt? wow...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have more patience than me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your DJ cross stitch. I did cross stitch years ago, so I know the work that goes into it...and this one is unbelievable. Have you ever used the metal board that goes behind the page and the magnetic strip keeps your place on the line??
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks lovely...I have so many cross-stitches that I'm thinking of going cross-stitch next year...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! I don't know whether it would be slower to XS it or to actually make the blocks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am working on a quilt square, I am cross stiching some flowers..I hate it when I lose my concentration..then I have to back track and recount and pull out stitches or live with it. The pattern you are working on looks very precise! I am sure it will be beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, I am newbie blogger. Came acoss your very quilty blog and saw the word CQ on there somewhere? I love CQ too and have made bits and pieces of CQ. Thanks for sharing - Natima

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your DJ cross stitch is amazing. Have you tried magnet strips to help you hold your place? They really helped me when I used to do cross stitch. Have fun today! Em

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥