Sunday, February 8

Family Bellpull...revisited.


I have nothing new to show you, but I thought it would be nice to revisit my family bellpull for those that have not seen it before..

I love everything Victorian...I was inspired to make this Victorian Bellpull in memory of my Dh's father and my parents
I'm sorry the pic is not very clear as I had to stand right back to fit the whole bellpull in the pic, but it will give you an idea of what it looks like as a whole.
Below I have taken photos of the different sections of the bellpull..





I tried to capture the Victorian feel with pink and burgundy silk fabrics, hand dyed laces, embellished with SRE and beading
I just love this bellpull, I'm hoping my family will treasure this for years to come.
This pic shows my father-in-law after World War 11
Much to my great disappointment I never did get to meet him.




This pic is of my DH as a young boy before he was sent out to Australia...
He really has not changed much at all




This is me, about 3 years old, check out the huge bow on my hair...nearly as big as I was!




Here is my Dad, as a young man in the Navy...I love the old black and white photos.








My beautiful mother, as a young 18 year old...who I miss very much.
Not a day goes by that I don't think of her.

This bellpull hangs just inside my front door....so I see it every day as I walk past it...

Please spare a thought for our fellow Aussie over on the east coast...they are doing it tough with bush fires raging out of control..
Our Sunday paper headline reads..."Victoria on Fire"...very scary!

Have a lovely day, I'm off to read the Sunday paper and enjoy the day...♥

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Julia - this is such a sad day - it just seems very flippant to be posting about other things, doesn't it?
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bellpull is just beautiful. Thank-you for another jaw dropping photo. So pretty!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia,
    This bellpull is lovely and such sentimental value...it's priceless. I just love the colors and the embellishments!!
    I'll keep your east coast in our prayers.
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia...

    Simply,is very beautiful....
    Hugs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, The door pull is a lovely keepsake. Your work is always gorgeous.
    I heard about he bush fires. I do hope you are away from danger. Keep us posted.
    Milah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing the laces you use. There are different ones in OZ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a masterpiece of workmanship, artistic devotion and true pride and love in your family! This piece will be treasured and admired for many generations to come. Thank you for sharing.

    I will say a prayer; we suffer many mountain fires every year in Southern Oregon...so I know what you are all going through!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the bell pull is lovely. I'm glad you posted it again or I would have missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow...your bell pull looks pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Victorian Bellpull! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥