Wednesday, February 25

Been Shopping!!...

Good morning everyone...above is what I bought yesterday at Textile traders, our local fabric and craft shop, they are having 20-50% off store wide for the next couple of weeks..

My dear friend Lurline and I were going to go shopping together, but she rang after yesterdays post sounding really unwell on the phone and thought it best she stay at home resting.
Please pop over and wish her well.
Dh came with me instead, he's so patient, carrying the bolts of fabric I pick out and helping me choose backing fabric for the bushfire quilt..

That gorgeous colourful fabric is for the quilt backing...isn't it just perfect, picks up all the colours in the stars. There was just 3.8 metres left on the bolt, and at $4.99 metre, perfect!
The red fabric on the left is a lovely repro fabric, 1.5 metres for $5.
Some red gingham fabric, red ric-rac, and some lace.
I also bought a metre of plain black cotton, I think I'm going to use this for the remaining star blocks...I just can not get used to the grey blocks in there.
I also tried Messy Karen suggestion of doing reverse blocks, but they look a bit out of place, perhaps too bright, but thank you Karen for your input.
I know it's a donation, but I do want it to be as nice as can be, whoever gets the quilt has lost so much, I want that person to know we care, and thinking of them ...

I'm off to take my Civil War quilt to the long arm quilter..
Until next time...♥

9 comments:

  1. What a perfect background fabric, Julia, I love your other fabrics too. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby this morning, our major crafting store. I get lost in here, I could spend literally hours! Have fun with your fabrics!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the reverse block and was thinking 4 of those in the middle surounded by the black ones would look good. Whatever you do, it's going to be cheerful! Perfect backing, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, love the black with 100 and 1000 on it and the red check too. I haven't bought any new fabric for a long time, but might break that spell this weekend at the Quilt Convention Exhibition in Melbourne! Enjoy your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric choices. So sorry Lurline is under the weather. How sweet that your husband could go along. Enjoy your new pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again...I tried to leave Lurline a get well message but word verification won't let me. Would you pass along my best to her. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your backing fabric!!! That is so cute...it looks like little jaw braker candies...who is the maker, if you know?

    I am glad you had a nice time with your alternate shopping partner...my fiance' goes fabric shopping with me as well!

    I hope Lurline is feeling a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the contrast between the stars and backgrounc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...I agree...even though it will
    be donated you want to like it as
    well....even though it is being
    donated it is STILL a gift...right?
    This is going to be really nice when you are finished with it...I'm
    cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be lovely! I love the backing, it is perfect.
    You are one lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥