Monday, January 12

Raffle Quilt 2007...revisited

I thought I had posted about this beautiful quilt before, but I can't seem to find it on my blog.
I was making our bed this morning and thought I would put this quilt on the bed for a change.
It's such a beautiful quilt... so here it is for those that have not seen it..

Would you believe I actually won this gorgeous quilt at our annual W.A. Quilters Association craft show in 2007...wasn't I so lucky!
I couldn't believe it when they rang to tell me after the raffle was drawn....all those tickets and mine was drawn out!!

Dear friend Lurline was the raffle quilt co-ordinater that year, Lurline and several other girls all worked their amazing applique work on this quilt....there is a label on the back with all the girls names.
The Quilt design is by Karen Cunningham...a very beautiful choice!
Money raised in the raffles go to worthy charities like the Royal Flying Doctor Service...Lurline has made a quilt this year for the third prize, you might like to pop over and see it on her blog..she wrote about that in a post the other day...

Here is the quilt on our bed, I was lucky to pick up what was left of the blue fabric in the shop and made two matching pillow covers....
Lots to do today...hope you have a nice day...♥

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goddness, you are one lucky gal. That is a beautiful quilt and a very generous person she was to donate for a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, what a beautiful and meaningful quilt for your bed. I cannot believe you found matching fabric to make the pillow shams. It truly is stunning. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous quilt! Lucky you to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quilt is absolutely stunning!!! Lucky you :o) ... and the quilt on the wall looks just right with it too :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It gives me a buzz seeing the quilt again - I'm so pleased you won it, Julia - it was one of my quilting joys to organize the making of that quilt! I now know it will be so loved and looked after!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes indeed, you are very lucky! That is a beautiful quilt! Looks like they did a wonderful job on it.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Beautiful does that Quilt Look...Lucky You for winning it...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky girl you were to win such a beautiful quilt. It looks great on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful and you have been busy with your new year quilt love it too.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. omgosh what a beautiful quilt! LUCKY YOU!!!!
    is that a pattern available still today to purchase?
    I just love it!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey....when you tire of this lovely quilt..i'll pay the postage to Texas

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a lovely quilt Julia...Lucky You!!! Just beautiful...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt, and it looks so charming on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You lucky girl!! That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥