Sunday, January 4

New Year's Project...step 2

Had a lovely time yesterday piecing this piece for my New Year's Quilt..
Just looking at all those little pieces was a bit daunting, but they went together really well.
The four patches are only two inches!

According to the pattern, this design was popular during the Civil War and is called, "Underground Railroad" also known as "Jacob's Ladder"...

The little four patches set on point form the sashing in between the blocks...so there's going to be lots of these to put together...

Must dash, lots to do....have a lovely Sunday...♥

12 comments:

  1. So pretty Julia. Takes me back in time to some of the Civil War mansions around here that I have toured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a similar border to one I'm putting on a cot quilt I'm working on at the moment. Fiddly but looks great :o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking lovely. I hope to be this good one day soon.

    I just finsihed a Broken Dished Variation Block and that drove me nuts.

    Your work is amazing.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is going to be a dashing beauty. Have a grand time stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. braver woman than me Julia - all those triangles (((Shudder)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, you do beautiful work! I love the pattern... can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great!...I don't mind working with small pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Quilt you have going on there also love the wool in your socks..that's one thing that I prefer Not to Knit...Good ON you.!!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hues of the different brown colors..it will be beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥