Friday, January 2

New Year's Project...


What better way to start a new year than with a new quilt...

I so excited to be started on this quilt....I have been meaning to do this quilt for so long, now is a good time!
This quilt will be done in reproduction civil war fabrics, which I love....lots of little pieces, but the overall effect is gorgeous. I'm not going to show the whole quilt pattern just yet, as I'd like you to see it evolve as each step is done.

The first set of blocks is the Ohio Star ...not my favourite block to do, but to my surprise, I am really enjoying doing these.
On the pattern it says that the Ohio Star is also known as the Northern Star, star patterns were extremely popular during the Civil War. The North Star , very dominate in the Northern sky, was a compass to freedom....a guiding light to the north and to Canada...

Six blocks done twenty more to do...
Have a nice day..♥

14 comments:

  1. I know how you love the Civil War and the repro fabrics & patterns. This looks very interesting and I will look forward to checking on your progress Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,
    Looking forward to see the progress of your project. Good luck with the other twenty blocks.
    Happy stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good - will keep you busy!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing Julia! This is one of my favourite blocks, but then I have many of those!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the Ohio Star, it is what my wedding quilt is made up of in navy blues and golds.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love civil war quilts as well and being from Virginia, the location of many civil war battles, I have been blessed enough to see museum shows of actual quilts.

    Your blocks are gorgeous and from the photo, your piecing is very precise. I really aspire to be at that level, but I know it takes patience and practice.

    I look forward to your progression.

    Your VA friend,

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my all-time favorite blocks and I have yet to make it. I'm looking forward to watching this one progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well...this is looking good....carry on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes and Happy New Year! I’m looking forward to following your blog for another wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia, fabrics are very elegant, in my opinion...I wish you to get a lot of pleasure from this new quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to seeing each block series. Wonderful information you included about the block; it is fascinating to learn about the history of a block. I wish you the best new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And you have spurred me on Mildred with a new project for the New Year...looking forward to your progress in this project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blocks Julia and it is always nice to start a new project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love them! They look great and I love the colors. I can't wait to see more. Great way to start the year.
    Louann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥