Monday, December 8

T'is the Season to be Jolly!!...crazy!

My CQ Christmas Bell pull..

They say it's the season to be jolly....but crazy is more the word I would use.
DD and I went shopping on Saturday, then Dh and I went shopping in Town yesterday...it's crazy out there!!

Everyone is rushing here, there and everywhere, presents to buy or make...another decoration or two or more for the tree.....what food to buy now ahead of time and what can be left until the last minute, so it doesn't spoil....it's crazy out there at the shops!

I have made a list, do you make lists?.....now I usually lose or forget about any lists I make, but this year I'm determined to stick to the list!

What with Christmas wind up lunches to attend, I will need secret Santa prezzies for them, plus a plate of food to share.
Still need more shopping time.... just a couple more presents to buy and that's it... nearly done!
My DGD 13 yrs old is into reading the new "Twilight" series, her Mum said she was up til three in the morning reading the first book.... have you heard of them?
So popular, they were sold out in a day, DH and I went into town to Borders book shop to buy her the second book, only a few left, so were lucky enough to snap one up..

Here is my Christmas Poinsettia table runner.

Very simple and elegant.
The flowers are worked in red organza ribbon on a cream damask fabric, I love it so much, I just leave it on the dining table all year round.
Click on the picture and you will see the flowers close up..

Hope you have a good day today and not get too frazzled out there if you go shopping...

Hugs

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been in some big holiday shopping crowds. Not me this year. I love your ribbon embroidery - it is so pretty. I know it is beautiful on your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bell pull is sooooo me!
    IOt looks just gorgeous and so christmassy...
    Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage santa's on the bell pull. I copied some pictures of vintage santa's onto some transfer fabric once, but I've never done anything with them. I never thought about making something like this. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia you are just crazy! (ha ha). You sound so busy but happy with it. Hopefully the crowds are a little polite - haven't been out in them yet. Love the bell pull. Pity we don't have any bells to pull and no servants to come running (sigh).
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bell pull is incredible, just beautful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia! I've just found your blog and am pleased to see another West Australian. :-) Your work is simply beautiful...looking forward to coming back often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's ok about the spelling! I'm over in Esperance where I really am a WET Australian Aussie! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥