Thursday, December 11

Socks Progress...heel turned!

After another sock lesson with Lynnie, I have now turned the heel on my sock..
I certainly could not have done it without Lynnie's help. Now you can actually see it's going to be a sock!

I was not very happy with my fist attempt, and you can see the wool wrapped around the ball where I unpicked my first attempt.
I tend to be a tight knitter, my first go at it was way too tight and would have been a bit too snug for my foot......so out it had to come and start again, this time it's much better, I needed to relax and hold the needles differently..
This is how it will have to stay until our next lesson...

Off to brave the shops again today!..
Take care.
Hugs

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on turning the heel!! I'm excited for you. You are already so talented and it's great that you are gaining a new skill :>)
    Hope the crowds don't get you! I'm not going to venture out until next week...
    Happy Christmas!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good, wow, well done!!! I can't knit at all, it's always either too loose or too tight ... but my Mum is great at it. I think I'll stick to sewing ;o).
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely color combination, and the pattern is so pretty! I'll never give it a try, but it's fun to see you do it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks very nice! I love how it is turning out!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had made socks many years ago as a young girl. For my first attempt I made argyle socks for my Dad, what a brave girl I was. Unfortunately, I carried the yarn to tightly behind my work and they made for a snug sock and lumpy looking to boot. My Dad wore them anywaybut i have to smile thinkig about it.
    Your socks look nice. I like the colors.
    Pat
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My SIL, who is of Chinese/Samoan origin, was taught to 'turn the heel' in knitting socks, by a wonderful Dutch lady. I love the way we can all teach each other so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, how very pretty these socks will be and I know you all are having the grandest time together knitting. I like watching your progress each week. Good luck with the shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Julia..Your Socks are looking Great I Love how that Wool makes it look like FairAisle without all the hard work....
    cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥