Wednesday, December 10

Fabric Postcards.....Christmas..

Here are some fabric postcards I made and sent to Cq friends a few years ago..

The idea was to make this postcards and send them as is with a cancelled stamp on them and see if they get through the postal system OK. I just could not bring myself to do that...what if they got wet or damaged somehow!!



They could have easily been stolen,,, you just never know!


I received many, here is one I received from Rose Anne in Canada... above is the front and below is the back of the card.

Rose Anne, was brave and did actually send it stamped, but in a clear little envelope, it came through in perfect condition...it's beautiful, thank you again Rose Anne..

I'm not sure how to write this...but how do you spell Christmas?

Do you abbreviate it with an X?
Some time ago, I used to abbreviate the word Christmas with an X...then a friend said to me that it was wrong to do that as the X represents a cross, and we are celebrating the birth of Christ at this time of the year, not his death.

Since that day on, it has stuck with me and I just cannot bear to write Christmas with an X....I just had to write that, perhaps it will have you thinking about it also!

Now I must get off the computer and get some work done..

Hugs








9 comments:

  1. Lovely little postcards. I couldn't send them naked through the mail either.

    I write out Christmas every time - the other is meaningless and lazy.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have written CHRISTMAS that way forever - maybe that was taught at Sunday School and after all whatever one's belief the celebration at this time of year is a Christian one, so let's keep it that way!
    Good girl for raising the subject!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people who write it that way. Some people say it takes Christ out of Christmas. I don't feel that way, but out of deference to those who do, I started writing Cmas when I have to abbreviate it, like on a long tag name. It probably isn't any better! LOL!

    I think sometimes we get too caught up in the minute unimportant things and forget the whole big picture. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hsve noticed most overseas bloggers always write Christmas in reference. Interesting point of view.
    We celebrate the occasion as a family gathering of tribute to each of us, since we are not Chirstian oriented, but we do respect the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Christmas day .Its a Wonderful day. Some people say it takes Christ out of Christmas. I don't feel that way, but out of deference to those who do, I started writing Cmas when I have to abbreviate it, like on a long tag name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was taught that X took Christ out of Christmas, too, but a few years ago, I read an article that said early Christians actually used the X as a symbol to represent Christ. It is Greek in origin, and doesn't represent the cross, but Christ himself.
    I still tend to use the full spelling when writing to and for others, but for myself, I use the X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no. i like to spell out Christmas. but use the X because most chitter chatter about the word is mostly about the decorations. the shopping. the baking. or the memories. only when i want to get serious about the true meaning do i spell it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to do this, but haven't yet. Maybe one day I will. Gorgeous.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥