Monday, December 22

Crinoline Lady, Cross-Stitch, Angel...

I spent a lovely quiet afternoon yesterday working a little on my Dear Jane cross-stitch...
I thought I would display it with my Christmas Angel and this beautiful framed Crinoline lady.
My treasured crinoline lady embroidery was done in 2004 when I was teaching SRE.
I think her skirt sets her off beautifully, it's a variegated silk ribbon, gathered up and stitched on in layers, she is walking under an arch of embroidered wisteria and climbing silk ribbon roses.
Must dash, still a few more things to get finished before Christmas...only three sleeps here down under!
hugs Julia

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, How lovely the crinoline lady is matted and framed. The colors are so rich. Dash off and finish those last minute items and have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross-stitch is coming along beautifully - how's your poor little hands? Please phone me after you've seen Dr!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Treasures Julia! You soak up some of that warmth while enjoying your Christmas Dinner! Thanks for all your comments and visits! Merry Christmas! Connie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥