Monday, December 15

CQ Victorian Shoes...eye candy

I don't seem to be getting much quilting done at the moment, must be the wind down to Christmas and all that needs to be done at this time of the year...

I'd like to share some eye candy with you..
These are my Victorian shoes, that I designed and made for my embroidery classes a while back.
The beautiful black one above became my signature piece, that showed up with my comments...


After the black shoe I went on and designed the cream shoe with folded ribbon roses and beaded hand-painted laces.
This one that was taught in my classes, it was so much fun to see how different the shoes turned out made up in different colours with the girls own interpretations that made up their shoe....unfortunately I don't have any photos to show as they were lost in my last computer crash. Now I am paranoid about backing up everything on an external hard drive!

Here is the other side of the Black Victorian shoe.
I must say that this is my favourite, very elegant, done in velvets, brocades, silver and gold fabrics..embellished with purple and gold ribbon roses, wisteria. Highlighted with oil-slick beads.
Today, I hope to finsh off some more chores, prepare and wrap presents for our Gathering lunch tomorrow at Matilda Bay under the trees by our beautiful Swan River..
have a lovely day.
Hugs

7 comments:

  1. HI JULIA, WHAT PRETTY VICTORIAN SHOES. THE BLACK IS MY FAVORITE TOO. I LOVE THE PURPLE AND GOLD WITH THE BLACK. JUST A REAL TREAT FOR MY EYES! HAVE FUN AT THE LUNCH GATHERING - SOUNDS LIKE A SCENIC PLACE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love those shoes . They are stunning .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! I love the shoes!!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, now I'd like a real pair of those black ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, just popped over to say hello. These are beautiful, you certainly have made a lot of lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have extraordinary talents; the shoes are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, these shoes are so pretty, but I agree, the black is my favorite too. That is a really fun project, must have been a great class.

    Pat
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥