Thursday, December 4

Christmas Gathering...yes another!

Yes another Christmas gathering....
Last night my dear embroidery friends 'Crafty Thimbles' met at Janet's for our wind up.
I have posted before on how we met and stayed together as a group.

Above you can see we are all enjoying the wonderful food that everyone contributed for the occasion. In front is Sandra, my Dh is hiding there somewhere, everyone else was too busy eating to look up.

Remember the recipe bag swap I posted about, this is the one I received, Golda put this together, in it are the ingredients for a Coconut Slice and a pudding bag.

The beautiful Cathedral bag was my Santa gift also from Golda, Dh was pleasantly surprised to open his gift and find he had his favourite bottle of wine, complete with a little Christmas vest!

Here we are, from the left...Margaret, myself, Melanie, Pam, Sandra, Jeannie and Janet crouching down, as she thought she was to tall for the photo.
Sadly the evening was tinged with sadness as one of our girls, Golda could not attend, she was rushed to hospital the day before..I won't go into details, but we are hoping it's not serious.
Thinking of you Golda.


We play a silly game which is so much fun..

We all take a wrapped inexpensive present, swap presents unwrap and see what we get, then do a few rounds of throwing two dice, if you throw double sixes, two's etc. you get to pick and swap any other present that might catch you eye on the table.

Well, someone brought in this garden gnome which was quickly named 'Titiana" I won't tell you all the other names that the guys thought up... and everyone wanted it!... Pam had it here and was very happy to keep it.......but!

Then Jeannie won and chose the gnome...then!


Keith threw double dices and picked the gnome..and then just when Keith thought he had it in the bag...





Jeannie won it back!...it was so funny..
It was a lovely fun night, hard to believe another year has passed, I will be glad to see in a new year....lets hope next year brings us all good health and happiness.
Thank you girls..
Hugs

5 comments:

  1. Looks like there's a lot of love and fun between you and your friends. Hope your one friend gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun Julia! Glad it was so.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like loads of fun.

    I hope Golda is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had a fun time. I love the gnome too! No wonder everyone wanted her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a splendid time; gathering with friends and laughing is a blessing. Hope your friend is doing better. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥