Tuesday, December 23

An Aussie Christmas Song...Just for fun!


Only two more sleeps...gosh, I'm sounding like a little kid again, I guess there is always a bit of the little kid in us all..

Above is a favourite Christmas quilt I like to hang up above the sofa in the family room..
I thought you might like to read a great Aussie Christmas song, that's fun and great to sing along to the music of "Jingle Bells "

Dashing through the bush,in a rusty Holden Ute,
Kicking up the dust,esky in the boot,
Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs,
It's Summer time and I am in my singlet, shorts and thongs..(flip flops)
Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day,
Hey!Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.
Engine's getting hot; we dodge the kangaroos,
The swaggie climbs aboard, he is welcome too.
All the family's there, sitting by the pool,
Christmas Day the Aussie way, by the barbecue.
Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day,
Hey!Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute.
Come the afternoon, Grandpa has a doze,
The kids and Uncle Bruce, are swimming in their clothes.
The time comes 'round to go, we take the family snap,
Pack the car and all shoot through, before the washing up.
Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day,
Hey!Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut!,
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden Ute...

Ute is short for utility vehicle.
Here is a photo of my son's old Holden cars.
The baby blue one is on old ute, a 1961 model.
The very first model Holden ute, was a 48/215 series of 1948

To all my dear blogging friends have a wonderful Christmas and New year.
Hug your loved ones and embrace in the New year with joy and happiness...
Hugs


6 comments:

  1. this was the song my grandchildren sang at the school concert ..a lot different in my day love to you and reno..lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of the cars - are they all still in the family?
    Glad to see there's no rust there!
    Hugs Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much enjoyed your Aussie version of Jingle Bells - it's warm where I live at Christmastime too. Happy Holidays and love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun song Julia! I will have to pass that on! LOVE the vintage cars!

    Happiest of holidays to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥