Sunday, December 14

"All That Jazz" Katrina Fundraiser Block..2005

As I've not got any quilty news, I thought you might like to see my fundraiser block for a quilt that was made and auctioned on Ebay to raise money for the survivors of the Katrina Hurricane.

I was very honoured to be asked to take part in making a block for this quilt.
The theme was to be "All That Jazz".
Gosh, it was 3 years ago already that we made the blocks,
Above is my block for the fundraiser quilt..
The beautiful colours of the New Orleans Mardi Gras was my inspiration.

19 well known crazy quilters were asked to work an 8 inch block. The 20th block was a winner’s block chosen by popular vote from blocks people donated. After a voting period the winner was announced on Christmas eve. There were enough donated blocks to make up another two quilts. All that Jazz # 1 is the main quilt and the other two quilts had been assembled from competitors blocks... You can see and read more here about the three quilts that were made and how much money was raised.

At last, it looks like summer has arrived, we are going to have a hot day today, a quick trip to the shops before the heat sets in..

Hugs

10 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous block, Julia.
    Very New Orleans Jazz and Mardi Gras

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful block. I have yet to try a crazy block, but the ones I have seen always look wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that. Can't believe it's that long. It looks familiar, so you must have showed it when you made it? Or someone did when it all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt square. So very vivid and such a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing the link too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a Beautiful Block so much Detail...Gorgeous.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another amazing creation Julia! Must be hard to part with these little treasures when you have to... but to such a good cause.
    Hugs Shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful block .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julia! My goodness, you have some wonderful photos of some lovely creations posted the last few days. Excellent!!! Your socks are coming along nicely too... 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speechless...That is an absolute work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quilt block Julia! Enjoy the summer weather! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥