Monday, November 24

Recipe Bag....for Christmas swap!

Not sure where to start this post, but here goes...
Next week my Embroidery group/ friends are getting together for our end of year wind up party. We tossed up whether to go out to a restaurant or have it in one of our homes, the latter won!...
The Dh's are also invited, and we play a couple of silly games...no, not those type of games!!

One of the girls came up with the idea of swapping recipes, another thought of the idea of making up a calico bag, putting the recipe together with the ingredients for that recipe in the bag.
We all loved the idea of the ingredients in the bag, but it was decided dry ingredients only, with a note to supply own eggs, milk, butter etc...
I thought I would make an extra bit of effort and embroider something on the bag...above is my cute red worked recipe bag.

Last Christmas my dear friend Lurline gave me this fabulous apple pie dish, with the recipe printed on the inside...I must tell you, I am hopeless at cooking, just not my favourite thing to be doing, but this recipe is the best Apple pie ever!

Dh gives it the thumbs up, so I thought that's what I'll contribute to the swap.
In the bag will go the recipe, tin of pie apple fruit, the flours, and rest of the dry ingredients all measured ready to use in plastic containers...hopefully they will have success with making the pie as I did...

Edit....Oppps!....I forgot to give credit to Needlecrafter for the cute redwork design that I used for the bag.
Pop over there and see all the lovely vintage designs that are free to downlaod for your personal use.

Hugs

12 comments:

  1. What a grand idea. I love your embroidered bag to put the ingredients in. I know you all will have a wonderful time and I hope you'll share all the different recipes with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - nice embroidery, too! Pity I don't bake as much these days (lol)!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea! We dont do much baking these days either, but Gom occasionally gets out the baking goodies... At least he cleans up the mess afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea and your redwork bag is fabulous. I hope you will share your recipe with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a great idea!!! Your little bag is so cute - love the little cook, she's just like a kewpie doll!!! ;o)
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a super idea!! I am hosting a bloggers pre-Xmas lunch at home in two weeks; I might suggest this to my guests in advance. Great fun! And a nice touch to embroider the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pie looks great , very hungry now ! Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! That bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great gift idea! I've scheduled a link to this post to go live on my blog tomorrow morning (Central USA time). I hope it brings you a few extra visitors.

    Denise
    http://needlework.craftgossip.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! I love it. Will have to remember that for future reference. I'm going to pop over and have a look at Needlecrafter.
    Hugs Shari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥