Tuesday, November 4

Confetti Quilt.....pinned!

I buckled down and got my Confetti Quilt blocks together and sandwiched ready for quilting...

I had this lovely feed sack type red and white cotton fabric that I bought at a garage sale somewhere, sometime ago...there was just enough for the backing.
I have made the quilt a little smaller than the one in the book....still a good size lap quilt, and just as well as the backing just makes it!
Not sure how I will quilt it yet, the original is hand quilted, but as I'm still hand quilting my Hexagon Grandma's Garden quilt.....think this one is going to be machine quilted!
After the quilting is done, I then can applique the yo-yo's on each block...can't wait to do that!

I'm thinking about adding a narrow spotty frill around the edge instead of binding, I think it would be kind of cute.....what do you think!

Hugs, off to quilt!

12 comments:

  1. Looking good - a little frill would be lovely - certainly whimsical and different. This quilt will be a show-stopper and sooo Girlie!
    Hugs - lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a happy quilt! I think a spotty frill would be a thrilling finish. I agree with Lurline, a very 'girlie' quilt. I look forward to a personal look sometime.

    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do get a lot done, I love this and can't wait to see the yoyo's on it.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julia for the instructions on how to make the binders.

    I don't know what a narrow spotty frill is....but I'm sure it's some type of lovely embellishment,so I say go for it!

    Can't wait to see this one finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is looking good. Can't wait to see the finished quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a frill would finish this quilt off very nicely! Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great Julia! Go for the frill, oh yes!!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Julia, I am anxious to see it with the yo yos! You are so talented!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's wonderfully gorgeous, and knowing you, it will just keep getting more so until you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia the quilt looks fantastic, I like the idea of the frill, sounds very interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with the majority! A frill would be the perfect finish. Can't wait to see the yoyo's on there.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥