Friday, November 7

Confetti Quilt...frill!

I'm still working on my Confetti Quilt, but thought you might like to see how the 'frill' around the edge is turning out.

I think it's so pretty....and don't these blocks look great and lend themselves to the 'frill' instead of binding..

I've had some lovely comments about this quilt, thank you so much, but I must stress it's not my design, I just added my own little touches to it.
I came across the quilt in an Aussie magazine, all credit for the original design of the quilt must go to Lindy Nelson...

Off to work some more on it, and hopefully I will have it finished in a day or two...

Hugs

13 comments:

  1. So different - so lovely - you have certainly made it a Julia Quilt!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very bright. I love the frill. I put a similar frill on a patchwork dress for my daught and I thought at the time it would look good around a quilt. I was right. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely!! I love it!
    KRistie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! that is just so lovely with the frill around it.
    You make such beautiful pieces Julia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow ....frill made it more pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest thing!! I love the ruffle! Are the yoyo's stitched on by hand or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frill is just perfect! A beautiful quilt Julia:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is beautiful and I love your ruffles. Just lovely!

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I will vist your blog again.

    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great masterpiece dear friend. The frill is perfect. I look forward to seeing it in person. I'd like to see how the frill is done. You're such a great quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt and the ruffle is the perfect touch! Nicely Done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Confetti is just gorgeous, & the frill is the perfect edging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the frill does add the perfect touch to the entire quilt. It is a fabulous beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Julia ....this is just so gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥