Friday, October 10

Tea Anyone!...

This cute little quilt is hanging up in my kitchen.
So easy to make, and would make a lovely little gift for a kitchen tea party or for no reason at all!
It measures 18" x 8" wide,
All you need is:
Background fabric, batting and backing fabric.
Fabric for the teapots, and binding.
Double sided fusible web.
DMC floss to match teapot fabric and doilies
4" doilies cut in half, and embroidered with little bullion stitch roses, see photo for inspiration.

Embroider the little doilies or leave them plain.
Work out where to place the doilies... and pin the doily halves in place on the background fabric, making sure to leave enough room for the teapots in between the two doilies....Blanket stitch the raw edge of the doilies
Cut out two teapot shapes, just simple shapes.....using a double sided fusible web, place teapots to sit on the doilies and fuse to the background fabric.
With matching floss, blanket stitch around the teapots, click on photo to see a bigger close up.
Sandwich the top, batting and backing...quilt as desired, add binding and a little hanging ring on the back, and your done.
How easy was that...have fun doing this little quilt!

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! Thank you for sharing your inspiring ideas with us. I have been trying to find something for my kitchen and I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing in your tea fun! I've had a teapot wall-quilt in mind for a few years now. Just have to get all caught up on my UFOs...but then, new projects have been popping up in my sewing room too...?...eventually I will make one! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! The list of people I could make this for won't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - I have a pattern for teapots so this would be super easy for me to do. I think I'll add it to my list of "someday" items. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the cutest little wallhanging! Thanks for telling how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet! Love the little touch of roses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. felicidades por tus trabajos son fabulosos ..un abrazo desde las antipodas MENORCA ESPAÑA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥