Wednesday, October 22

Confetti Yo-yo's...& Day Out..

I just had to show you these yo-yo's...
The first one is the original size one from the template given in the craft book!....now really, I thought it looked a bit silly, that teeny - weeny little size...must be an error for sure.
I check and checked several times to make sure I had it right, but that's it, there was no where to say to enlarge the pattern..

Now this is one I made using a small B/Butter plate as a template...

Looking back at my previous post of the picture in the book, this looks more like the size it should be...don't you think!

Had a lovely day out yesterday with Lurline and quilting friends.."Creative Threads"...we were the hostess group for this month at our guild's sewing day. This month is also Pink Cancer month. The girls all helped to make a quilt to raffle, and we raised $562.00...wasn't that great! We had lots of show and tell, pink biscuits, pink flowers on the tables..

I forgot to take my camera, but Lurline had hers, so I'm sure there will be some photos on her blog soon..

Have a lovely day..

8 comments:

  1. You have hit the jackpot, Julia ... Block 2 is perfect!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think block two is the best choice. Must have been a printing error or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Block 2 looks more like the photo on the book! Obviously someone goofed in the book... Good thing you thought about that now!!
    I just came from Lurline's post about your day with Creative Threads... A good time hey! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when they haven't checked the instructions out properly.
    Block 2 looks great.
    love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the second one looks much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julia, spot on with the second block.Loved to see the finished project. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that size looks much better! The little one seems lost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi julia, love the larger yo yo! the teeny tiny one looks so lonely:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥