Monday, October 20

Binder Sewing Caddy...pretty!


I saw this binder caddy in an Aussie magazine, thought it was a great idea and was inspired to make one for one of my groups Christmas Secret Santa gifts..
I enjoyed put this little sewing caddy together yesterday out of an A5 binder..so easy, fun and so pretty.
The embroidered front piece was done the evening before.
I've fallen in love with Rick-rack.... so sweet, an old favourite that's back in vogue...looks great on stitchery and adds that little bit of prettiness to something simple.


I just added some pockets for scissors, pen, pins /needles, tape measure, and an old doily pocket for whatever...
Add some plastic and zip lock sleeves for paper pattern /work in progress etc, and it's done!

This would be a great little gift for someone to take small work in progress on the go..

I hope I have inspired you to make one...have a lovely day!

13 comments:

  1. That's just gorgeous - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely gift for someone, Julia - just beautiful!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful little project and a wonderful gift idea! Love it Julia! Lovely works!
    happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. It's beautiful

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, it is a great idea. Yours looks lovely, your secret friend will be very happy when she gets it, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Julia. I love the pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JuliA,
    This is a fantastic idea and as you say great for gifts, no more time......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gift idea; I am going to have to make a few of them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Think I'll make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great idea. I like that better than the typical needlebook, because you can take so much more with you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat caddy Julia, such useful pockets and the embroidery is simple and lovely.

    I will have to try to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your sewing binder is fantastic! I hope you enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥